You're going to see a lot of me this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fam and I were just at my kids soccer game 10 mins from our house. Took us 3 hours to get home. 1.5 hours of drive time and and hour and a half to eat subs in the middle. It was he first time I have ever experienced a true white out. I could not see any of the road. Not even an inch in front of us. I was perty scared for a few mins.

I feel you Kris. I was on my way home 0430 today, same thing.

I was actually felling a 14" pine when that blizzard hit. I had to quit in the middle of the back cut and come back later to finish. Now, if I'd have had a better saw, maybe I wouldn't have to suffer so much. No cutting tomorrow. Lows every night this week are near zero, sometimes below.:wtf:

suppose to get around a ft of snow monday with temps around 10 degrees brrrrr and windchills around -12 to -30 im in kentucky for petes sake
it should be in the 40's this time of year.

The fam and I were just at my kids soccer game 10 mins from our house. Took us 3 hours to get home. 1.5 hours of drive time and and hour and a half to eat subs in the middle. It was he first time I have ever experienced a true white out. I could not see any of the road. Not even an inch in front of us. I was perty scared for a few mins.

We had it in pittsburgh , i couldnt hardly see the car infront of me on rte 30.

Yeah, 5deg and supposed to go up to 10, then -7 tonight. Been blowing like crazy all night. The water line to the pump at the barn froze up, so now I'll have to haul buckets from the house. Gonna have to shovel what drifted last night, but it's not too much and I'm going to wait until the wind dies down some. The generator is ready, but I'm really hoping the power stays on - I'm good with modern conveniences for today.

There are a couple of saw projects I'd love to work on today, but my shop is in an unheated barn. Not happening.

If something comes down it'll probably get cut with the Earthquake - it's the only one presently set up for carb heat.

Well, assuming I can find where the roof for the duck house is, I will be attempting to path that back together. I didn't build it, we inherited it with the ducks. The lady who had them built it after her husband began to suffer from one of those degenerating neuro - muscular diseases, and while I give her much credit it's kinda sketchy. I had reinforced a little though.

im managed to get my shop stove to glow cherry red in this cold with big hunks of locust. now if i don't run out of projects.
miami florida sounds nice right now.

im managed to get my shop stove to glow cherry red in this cold with big hunks of locust. now if i don't run out of projects.
miami florida sounds nice right now.
Yeah a nice warm walk on a beach somewhere would help my back so much right now.guess I'll bring In parts later today to scrub up.

this came over my weather radio in my house
  • ... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM EST /6 PM CST/ THIS EVENING TO 1 AM EST /MIDNIGHT CST/ TUESDAY...
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM EST /6 PM CST/ THIS EVENING TO 1 AM EST /MIDNIGHT CST/ TUESDAY.
  • * TIMING: BEGINNING LATE THIS EVENING. HEAVIEST SNOW MONDAY MORNING. ENDING MONDAY EVENING.
  • * MAIN IMPACT: DANGEROUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS... ESPECIALLY MONDAY MORNING WHEN THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL IS FORECAST.
  • * ACCUMULATIONS: 4 TO 7 INCHES OVER SOUTHERN INDIANA. 6 TO 10 INCHES NORTH-CENTRAL KENTUCKY. 8 TO 12 INCHES SOUTH OF THE WESTERN KENTUCKY AND BLUEGRASS PARKWAYS. LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS... ESPECIALLY IN KENTUCKY.
  • PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
  • TRAVEL WILL BE TREACHEROUS WITH SOME ROADS NEARLY IMPASSABLE. HAVE AN EMERGENCY KIT OF BLANKETS... FOOD... WATER AND FLASHLIGHTS IF YOU MUST TRAVEL.
  • &&
More Information
  • ... SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL EXPECTED TONIGHT AND MONDAY...
  • .A WINTER STORM WILL SPREAD ACCUMULATING SNOW INTO THE OHIO VALLEY BEGINNING LATE THIS EVENING. SNOW WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES... ESPECIALLY ON MONDAY MORNING. BY MONDAY EVENING TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS WILL EXCEED 4 INCHES ACROSS MOST OF THE REGION... WITH LOCALIZED TOTALS EXCEEDING A FOOT IN PARTS OF CENTRAL KENTUCKY.

I fixed the duck house and hauled the water and cleared the cars, plus a few other projects. Now I need to go shovel even though the wind has not stopped. Sure is hard to get motivated to go back out. IMG_1616.JPG

Back