Beware of Suck Back!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, Sirius..ly now.....that muffler sucks (pun tended, right Miss Lovelace)....the stock port has been drilled out forward too much, so gases will be directed straight toward the brake....that could get smelly...mebbe he likes sniffing melting plastic.

and that other port, while eerily similar to Andy's great design, has way too small of an orifice (that's a scary word in light of the direction you gutterminded fellas have sent this thread....)to do much good at all.

Actual info - remarkable in this tread :greenchainsaw: :rockn: :rockn: :rockn:

Um...I'll stick with the factory DP cover, thanks.

Dual-Port Muffler on eBay

Well...I don't know anything about suckback and very little about porting mufflers...although like everything thing else, I would imagine there is more than one way to skin a cat. I will stand up for Cruxmon. He's a good Ebay seller. He has good feedback, responds quickly to questions, and ships promptly. I bought an 036 Pro from him several months ago and everything was as advertised...he even threw in a brand new Stihl chain for free. He said that he is a Stihl tech - "Silver" rated.

Suckback????

So his intention for the smaller port is not to create an exit for exhaust gas but to relieve vacuum created by the exhaust gas rushing out the exit orifice?

Oh my that is good stuff, I bet John Force or Kenny Bernstein would just love to pick his brain on that subject.

Chuck

So maybe I should hook up a turbo to the second muffler port and force air in, so the exhaust gets forced out the other hole faster?

I got it! Two BIG expansion chambers, one for exhaust, the other to let air in! The header pipe would look like a Y, I gotta get to work........

And remember everyone, muffler mods are not for amateurs. Looks like his spelling is though! Matt

B.S. balance is critical

So maybe I should hook up a turbo to the second muffler port and force air in, so the exhaust gets forced out the other hole faster?

I got it! Two BIG expansion chambers, one for exhaust, the other to let air in! The header pipe would look like a Y, I gotta get to work........

Yep-It's called "The Blow-Suck Quotient". If it ain't within +/-3% then it's

BOOM Baby!:hmm3grin2orange:

http://"]cgi.ebay.com/Stihl-Chainsaw-Pressure-Fuel-Vac-Testing-Kit-Chain-Saw_W0QQitemZ180100260435QQcategoryZ79669QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/URL]

A vacuum/pressure tester from the same person. Has a 15 PSI gauge screwed in spark plug hole... What kind of longevity do you get with that?

He also has another muffler on the auction.

Thall? You moonlighting?

Mosquito magnet.

A couple years ago, my wife went way out and bought me the
Stihl insect vacuum attachment. Part # BS4U2
It hooks right onto the muffler.
Used it many times on the deck while having friends over
for adult beverages. (beer). It's on my 088.
Just start it up, ducttape at WOT, flick the suck switch, and leave it run
in the middle of the deck. It's quite the conversation piece too.
What's real fun, is to watch the look on their faces when I try to get the mosquito buzzing around their head. PRICELESS. :laugh:

:sucks:

That is definitely a nice route to take but I'm using a CPU type fan with a 9v battery taped to the top of my saw. Man, it sucks back!!

Back