gun for a saw...???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have more guns than I care to mention. Guns are my first love, but I traded a Glock and AR-15 pistol recent for a John Deere mower.
And I've never looked bad, would do it again in a flash. I just asked myself do I want this mower or do I want guns I having touch in years and will mostly sit in a safe for ever more years if not my life time. I got the mower and have been enjoying it ever since.

I think you'll get more enjoyment out of building that saw into a race saw than having a Kimber stored in a safe. But not a Kimber fan, but that's a whole different thread.

I thought about getting that Taurus 1911, it seemed like a really good price compared to many 1911's. I've always heard kimber was suppose to be the best of the best?

STI international is the best of the best. Look them up on web, they make some bad azz guns. I love their race guns.

I like Kimber, but a few of my friends have them and the all have that "it's the best additude" that I can't stand. I think I'd rather have a Springfield or a Taurus before a Kimber.

IMO Kimber isn't anything more than a status symbol gun. But this is a whole another thread.

Tastes change, at least mine do. First guns, then antique garden tractors, now chainsaws. Honestly I enjoy playing with the saws a lot more than the guns. I would go for the saw. The 088 is a bad mo.:chainsaw:

Whoa I'm the say way. I got into guns than antique garden tractors than chainsaws.

I still have most of my guns and some of my garden tractors.

Guns and ammo might be the new U.S. currency in the future. I wouldn't trade a gun for anything right now.

i always would still have another 1911. a taurus pt1911, that has been an awsome gun so far. have had zero problems with it, cant say the same bout the kimber.

so you don't really like the Kimber that much anyways and would still have 2 other handguns......in your specific case I'd say do it. Normally I'd say hello NO, chainsaws are easy to get, guns are getting tougher to get.

In your case though it's not like you're giving up your ONE AND ONLY handgun though.....

Think of it this way......Say you keep the gun and 6 mos from now you see an 880 ported and polished...would you say;

"Damn I wish I'd have traded then"
OR
"Damn I'm glad I kept the gun"

Answering that question will tell you which you WANT more, but not necessarily which is "right"......there's no real wrong answer here though, just a question of more/less want IMO.

Either way man, you're not losing.

dont the poly kimbers only sell for like 650 maybe not even that much brand new. i think theyre kimbers cheapeast 1911.

ive handled the dual stack poly and it doesnt feel anywhere on par with the rest of kimbers 1911s. id huck it and get the 088.

i regret getn rid of my 084 wish i still had it.

I could not trade my model 629 for any saw, but if you already have several pistols and it is the one you least use then go for it.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but do NOT do it. The legal paperwork for trading off a gun is enough to make me keep mine and with the way things are going, I don't know how long I'll get to enjoy them... Come to think of it, I could say that about the saws, too.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but do NOT do it. The legal paperwork for trading off a gun is enough to make me keep mine and with the way things are going, I don't know how long I'll get to enjoy them... Come to think of it, I could say that about the saws, too.

To my knowledge, there is no paper work for a same state trade.

Regardless, it's really up to Levi to decide for himself, given his own situation. It's easy for folks to offer their opinion, but without knowing him personally, or even knowing his situation, really hard for someone else to judge.

There will always be more guns, there will always be more saws...what to do what to do...???? Probably only Levi can answer that honestly for himself.:givebeer:
i always would still have another 1911. a taurus pt1911, that has been an awsome gun so far. have had zero problems with it, cant say the same bout the kimber.
This would kinda help me decide...2 similar guns, no 088s...well, it does get down to one's priorities...

Back