Has ANYONE Broken a AV mount on a PS5100???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to Date I have had no one break a AV mount on a Dolmar PS460, PS510, or a PS5100.... And from the competition I have seen plenty of worn or broken springs, stripped plastic where the springs attach (husky) and for no real reason. Yesterday for example a Fairly New MS270 was in floppin all over the place It had one tank of gas through it since being repaired by a stihl dealer it was wearin .325 safety and a 20" stihl bar he wanted my opinion i told him to try a 16" and get rid of that stihl safety chain that cuts like crap as well? Also had a 346 in that was Looser than he!! I imagine it would need a complete set of AV mounts to even begin to make it right.... Way can't the competition make a AV system that will live????

Scott

I have never seen a broken mount on a 5100, but then again I haven't ever seen a Dolmar in the woods. :monkey:

So what's the point of this thread anyway?:confused:

Near as I could tell Scott was saying he has never seen a broken mount on a Dolmar in 30 years. He said to date and his sig says since 1979. I think he's pulling someones leg..

You mean since 1979 you have never seen a broken mount on a Dolmar. Lets see that 30 years, man they must last forever, wouldn't be stretching it abit there would ya,LOLOL

Read Closer TOMMY I SAID TO DATE NO Broken AV Mounts on PS460. PS510 and PS5100's

I did not mean for a pissing or bashing thread my Q was why hasn't stihl and husky made a av system on their 50 cc saws that will last under normal conditions and also with 20" bar and chain load

Scott

Read Closer TOMMY I SAID TO DATE NO Broken AV Mounts on PS460. PS510 and PS5100's

I did not mean for a pissing or bashing thread my Q was why hasn't stihl and husky made a av system on their 50 cc saws that will last under normal conditions and also with 20" bar and chain load

Scott

Why would anyone run a 20" bar on a 50cc saw? Besides the point, a saw won't be carrying the load of the 20" bar only to and from the tree.

Scott

repeat sales

And perhaps out of character I might add. Scott, who peed in your wheaties this morning:) Or did someone hijack your login:cheers:

I don't think this is out of character for him at all...I've called him out on it any number of times.

Doesn't look like this thread is exactly working out the way you wanted it to, huh Scott?

:laugh:

Last edited:
even this 3 month old skidder squash has twisted mounts but not broken ones and it still runs.......

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

for sale just traded

Scott

Latest posts

Back