Husqvarna Signs Intent to buy RedMax

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some Interesting Thoughts

What will Stihl do when ( if ) Husqvarna's deal goes through? We know that Stihl has bought RedMax engines and used on their FS83 trimmers and also now still use RedMax's gearbox on their Straight shaft Stick edger. Will they continue to buy parts from Husqvarna?

Tanaka's big Blowers are made by RedMax. Will they continue?

Who will Husqvarna buy next?
They have already bought or now own these brands, AYP (old Roper factory in Orangeburg S.C. aslo called Electrolux Home Products and Fridgidare ), Dixon, Bluebird ( Easy-Rake ) , Yazoo-Kees, Partner, Jonsereds, and others.

I also wouldnt be too supprised that the technology found in the 441 wasnt licensed from Redmax as they practicly control the best versions of strato charged technology from a patent standpoint. In fact that might be why Huky bought them.

Uwharrie said:
Some Interesting Thoughts

What will Stihl do when ( if ) Husqvarna's deal goes through? We know that Stihl has bought RedMax engines and used on their FS83 trimmers and also now still use RedMax's gearbox on their Straight shaft Stick edger. Will they continue to buy parts from Husqvarna?

Tanaka's big Blowers are made by RedMax. Will they continue?

Who will Husqvarna buy next?
They have already bought or now own these brands, AYP (old Roper factory in Orangeburg S.C. aslo called Electrolux Home Products and Fridgidare ), Dixon, Bluebird ( Easy-Rake ) , Yazoo-Kees, Partner, Jonsereds, and others.

Not sure Stihl will do anything different. IF they licenced the stratocharge technology (no one has showed that they did), the purchase by Husky will have no effect on that deal. And as for the FS83 - that was a short run some time ago..

Parts - cross manufacturing and technology cross-licensing (you give me "x", and I'll give you "Y") is very common amongst big players and is often "hushed".

Lakeside53, You are correct but I was referring to Stihl on the FS83 because in order to maintain parts for the ones sold they would have to buy the parts from a Husqvarna company. Our store sold lots of the FS83's because we also sold RedMax and we love their engines. We sold the FS83's to people who wanted a Stihl and this was our way of selling them the best we had with Stihl written on it. Some people love their brand names.

Fs-83

The stihl fs-85 was a hell of a trimmer as well and still is in Canada. I have two of them, one that should have died years ago, but still keeps truckin. I have never even change the plug or cleaned the filter in the dang thing.

Uwharrie said:
Lakeside53, You are correct but I was referring to Stihl on the FS83 because in order to maintain parts for the ones sold they would have to buy the parts from a Husqvarna company. Our store sold lots of the FS83's because we also sold RedMax and we love their engines. We sold the FS83's to people who wanted a Stihl and this was our way of selling them the best we had with Stihl written on it. Some people love their brand names.

Husky will be buying the entire Redmax division (not "stripping the assets"), so any contracts in hand between Stihl and Redmax/komatsu stand. Stihl probably has all the parts they'll ever need anyhow! Behind the scenes, it will be "business as normal". Publicly - that will be a different story.

It is Elux not the "Husqvarna" as a brand that is doing this.

Don't forget that it is just months ago that Elux split up and have all "green" sales and productions under Husqvarna.
Husqvarna as a company is gone since many years.

No doubt they will continue the brand. Most others has been held alive...

I think it is the plant and laborcost they are after. Much cheeper than here.

Magnus, I thought that Huqvarna was "cut loose" from Elux, with all the other OPE brands under Husqarna some time a go.:clap:
Then what has Elux to do what Husky does today?????:confused:

Sorry, I just don't understand what is going on.

Lakeside53 said:
Parts - cross manufacturing and technology cross-licensing (you give me "x", and I'll give you "Y") is very common amongst big players and is often "hushed".

Not only that, but joint ventures are common as well...I work for Ford and we set-up a joint venture with GM to design an east-west six-speed automatic transmission. Each of our companies will build it in our own factories, but the design was done together to save on engineering costs.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Husky/Stihl start cooperating on some of this emissions technology soon...if they aren't already.

SawTroll said:
Magnus, I thought that Huqvarna was "cut loose" from Elux, with all the other OPE brands under Husqarna some time a go.:clap:
Then what has Elux to do what Husky does today?????:confused:

Sorry, I just don't understand what is going on.

It is confusing... Sales trick's!

It is still Elux! but Elux split itself in 2. One side for household mashines etc. and one for garden tree etc. It is called Husqvarna, and there is no mention of elux, but it is not a private coimpany, it is owned by E-lux.
Structur change, nothing else!

Husqvarna as it was is gone and will never be again. Now it is money that is Nr 1, not qualety.

Back