Kart Saw / Hot Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

Take the time to click on the photo of Scott's saw below, not sure why it won't pop up like the rest but it is very nicely done.

Mark[/QUOTE]

I see a MINOR problem..as it aint yellr!! its the good orange.....wonder how that happened???? sleepless night??? :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Peter backed out and would not run the saw in competition that year, last year he was recovering from a broken collar bone or some such malady and could not play with saws at all.

Mark

from what ive read,, about other gents, playing with olys,,they wake up REAL good to mods.. I just cant bring myself,, to mod one of the many I own!!!! ole gypo,,had a 999,,that was a legend.....:hmm3grin2orange: and ill tell you what. for what a stock 999 weighs,, and he hauled one all day long in the woods,, that would be one cat I would not mess with!!! his muscles had to be strings!!! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:and I don't believe,, his she,, would be one to trifle with either...:hmm3grin2orange:

Mark, whatever you do, don't throw that 101 head in the trash... find a good weldor and they will be able to weld new aluminum into that hole for you to try it again.

Or if that costs too much, send it to me. Welding problems like that is something else I intend to learn how to do...

Mark, I'd be happy to weld that back in for you.

Sorry Scott, I rarely think to ask for local help. It's done now in any case.

At 8:38 PM CDT it ran for several minutes good throttle response though it loads up a bit at idle, doesn't really idle down even with the screw backed all the way out. Not sure but it may simply be too much carburetor?

I took the chain off for the trial run and will leave it off for a bit tomorrow until I get most of it sorted out. I am starting to think I may actually get to cut some wood at Baraboo!

Mark
My 92 acts the same way, difficult to get down to an idle speed, loads up if you do get it rich enough to slow down. I don't think they were meant to sit around idling too much. So glad to hear it is running.
Scott

My 92 acts the same way, difficult to get down to an idle speed, loads up if you do get it rich enough to slow down. I don't think they were meant to sit around idling too much. So glad to hear it is running.
Scott

Sound like you need a bigger bleed hole in the butterfly. The larger bleed will bring more air past the idle circuit and allow you to close the rest of the butterfly off. Hopefully this will give you enough signal to idle properly. If not its just too much carb for idle.

My sad story...

I reported yesterday regarding the idle issues, as well as the loose screws in the carburetor body. Of course I tightened the screws, made sure everything else was in order and started it back up. Without the air leaks in the carburetor I could now get it to idle properly, even had to turn the idle speed screw back up a bit to keep it going at idle. It would rev up O.K. and I was just starting to work on getting the carburetor set (no load) when it stopped...dead...locked up...

Opened up the intake side and discovered this.

attachment.php

Kept going and found this.

attachment.php

Ultimately got into it and oh boy.

attachment.php

I don't know if the rod was slightly bent, or if the wrist pin had been in and out too many times but finally got the piston out and noticed the pin had moved completely over, letting the needles out of one side.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I do have a worn out Mac 10 on the shelf, I will try to get that one installed in this saw so I can still have something to run next week, but it just won't be quite the same.

I figure this one cost around $2.00/second for the run time I got out of it...

Mark

Romans 8:28

Oh man, sorry to hear that mark.
Is there enough left in the cylinder to re bore it again, and save it?
That really sucks. Thats the sort of luck I would expect in my shop..... LOL
Find stuff easily, everything goes wrong once its mine....

Back