kickback ouchie (CAUTION GORE)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great tip STAY OUT OF THE PLANE OF THE CHAIN little quips like this get saturated into my memory pretty good.It may be hard to avoid but the extra awareness always helps. I have used my 2095 Jonsered w/ ripping chain to buck a log or two and although in a vert cut the force from that thing kicking back will open your eyes in a hurry. Sorry bout yer scratch great advice here,keep it clean and safe.

socialized medicine is the devil!! its up there with public schools

heaven's forbid that the government comes between me and my doctors...

it's not like a big, money hungry corporation that makes money when I don't get care does that already or anything...:monkey:

You can't be from Australia, there are no Blowflies on it yet :)

Take it easy mate and for those over in the US, if we enter the hospital system via emergency we pay very little if anything at all. Our Medicare system is one of the best in the world and we're certainly lucky to have it.
I am shocked to hear the costs associated with your medical system sometimes.

Yeah but chainsaws are cheaper.... :laugh: :chainsawguy:

Must be nice. :cheers:

Yeah people sometimes complain about our medical system but all I have to do is remind them of how many other countries operate. A lot of people take our system for granted.

Yeah but chainsaws are cheaper.... :laugh: :chainsawguy:

If I cut my leg off, apart from a loss of income from work, I'd hardly pay a cent ;)

Back in 1998 I was emergency airlifted to Adelaide very ill. I was in hospital for 3 weeks, had numerous scans, tests, about 4 blood tests a day, and I didn't pay one cent.

so who pays for it.. ?

and you get the same treatment here, so long as youre an illegal alien that doesnt pay taxes :)

The Australian Government's Medicare system pays for it which to be honest we pay for in reality with our taxes. Many hospitals have started charging a small fee for entry after hours or by emergency however this has only been introduced to stop the local bums and welfare bludgers from going to hospital for no reason and using up the valuable resources because they have a sniffle (or nothing wrong at all).
We do have to pay Ambulance cover (which is only about $60 a year) otherwise we will get hit with a hefty ambulance fee if you need one. Unfortunately this is another service taken advantage of by the above mentioned oxygen thieves as many of them just call an ambulance to get a taxi ride to the hospital and therefore a town centre.

Oh and we have the same issue with many human imports getting everything for nothing :(

Last edited:
so who pays for it.. ?

and you get the same treatment here, so long as youre an illegal alien that doesnt pay taxes :)

They do. They spend their tax money on themselves instead of building reverse osmosis treatment plants to benefit contractors halfway across the world that the recipients dont even understand how to operate.

They also aren't stupid enough to spend 30% on overhead and paperwork expenses.

73598_458703228737_616128737_5415149_4992336_n.jpg

How about giving us an updated picture on Wednesday so we can evaluate your medical skills...

Yep, got one just like that, except it was on inside of knee. Another 1/4 " would have gotten into bone.
I've learned mishaps more likely to happen when one's tired..
fwiw

Stay out of the plane of the chain

I like that one most of all, I have caught myself running a saw where if
it did kick, it would come back at your noggin or cojones, I try to stay left on falling cuts & use tree for a blocker.

Man that is such a lucky escape it's not even funny. That could've gone so much worse and it SHOULD teach you to wear your PPE.

Thats pretty deep from the way it looks here. Infection is almost certain if you're working with it like that. I would go to the Doc. There's no use in loosing a leg over a couple stitches.

That is one nasty cut,I'm with the others on seeing a doctor and get it treated,sewn up and then you can reflect on how worse it could have been. I never use a saw without my chaps,otherwise my wife would add insult to injury by beating me up with her iron skillet. Were you thinking it's too hot to wear chaps since you were wearing shorts? I do hope no infection sets in,so I do really hope you have taken everyone's advice on getting that wound looked after.

This is a job for a medical professional. Deep cleaning/irrigation, stitches/proper closing, tetanus shot, and possibly an antibiotic.

When It comes to large/deep lacerations, I don't mess around with home remedies. Infection has serious consequences.

I hate to post it again bro, but I have had an uncle loose a leg with a gash he left alone and tried to work on himself. A cut like that takes a long time to heal without being stitched or packed. You never know how much dirt is in there.
Do us all a favor and get it checked out by a doc man. We care here brother.

yea seriously man.. what the hell are you thinking?
there is a difference between tough and stupid..
go get that looked at, thats not just a little cut.. you got some serious meat showing
that cut is far past paper towels and duct tape

Last edited:
If you haven't got that looked at yet you better go see a doc. If you are still not convinced do some reading up on septic shock. I have a friend who lived to tell the story of septic shock after the doctors give him a 4% chance of surviving. His all stemmed from a very small dermal laceration from a piece of barbwire.

Latest posts

Back