kickback ouchie (CAUTION GORE)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys saw the doctor today and he said it is healing along pretty well as i dressed it up decently after i finished work and i also got a tetanus shot today. doctor had to break the wound open again to pull bits and peices of my king g pants out but this is a definate reminder that chainsaw chaps do save legs and i hope from my mistake and showing it to some who may be ignorant that others may look into looking after them selves as you might be thinking it wont happen to me well i had the same thought and got a deal on some chaps when i get my new saw. anyway just remember the people at home waiting for your return are the real people you work for. thanks guys

Owwch thats not nice, good post sport very helpful showin us how lucky we are when any day goes by without injury and that PPE use can help.

Heres an idea i like to sell about fair dink 1st aid kits for saw users as opposed to the issue ones ya get with a car or work site.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showpost.php?p=1625909&postcount=10

A in field use of the 1st aid gear I carry narr twas not a saw twas barbed wire that lassoed me leg.

attachment.php

Here we go...

I hear ya. I'd probably try to fix a wound like that myself and if you do then all is well, if you die you obviusly made a boo boo :) And anyway, chicks dig scars :cheers:
Aussies are pretty tough and home stitching and operations are quite common. The incidence of death from such practices however isn't common at all.

'cept they run when they see my lobotomy one :confused:

Sorry Rick, I meant "certain" scars :cheers:
So thats what is wrong mate? Frontal or temperal?

Also with our medical system stretched to the max the ability to fix wounds at home helps a lot :)

I hope you are atleast wearing pants now, I could never ever imagine cutting in shorts:jawdrop:, and I cut all summer long too.
I found that I had driven to my woods lot and had left my tennis shoes on the other day, had to drive all the way back home and get my workboots.
Here's to a quick recovery:cheers:

I hope you are atleast wearing pants now, I could never ever imagine cutting in shorts:jawdrop:, and I cut all summer long too.
I found that I had driven to my woods lot and had left my tennis shoes on the other day, had to drive all the way back home and get my workboots.
Here's to a quick recovery:cheers:

A pair of jeans or long pants won't stop a chainsaw :cheers:

I cut in shorts a lot, with chaps and steel toed boots of course. In summer where I am we regularly see over 110°f so long pants and chaps can get a tad warm sometimes. That coupled with a hot chainsaw and hard work makes ya sweat a tad :)

I got a decent leg cut some years ago I cleaned it well with peroxide , I tried to buy suture but couldn't find anyone that would sell it to me. I ended up using butterfly bandages, they worked well, after that I always carried them with me when I did long mountain hikes.

[snip]

I cut in shorts a lot, with chaps and steel toed boots of course.
[snip]

Ditto.
Maybe I should get SWMBO to get a shot of my arse in my skimpy King Gees and chaps to post up here ? :D

Oh, and Matt, my scars getting itchy now that you made fun of it....:dizzy:

Last edited:
A pair of jeans or long pants won't stop a chainsaw :cheers:

I cut in shorts a lot, with chaps and steel toed boots of course. In summer where I am we regularly see over 110°f so long pants and chaps can get a tad warm sometimes. That coupled with a hot chainsaw and hard work makes ya sweat a tad :)

no but some sence and a keen relationship between man & saw are all one needs IMO.

no but some sence and a keen relationship between man & saw are all one needs IMO.

so all these old school loggers and pro loggers you see/hear about with scars on them from saws, what was their excuse? just idiots with no "sence"?

sometimes mortal men make mistakes, in your case, you need not worry about such things :D

accidents happen, a pair of $80 chaps is better than a missing leg.. like i said though, this only applies to us mortals :)

Last edited:
Back