Logger's day off...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
get to making any planters?

No...but my pile of cedar firewood is growing fast. I had one the other day that was beginning to look good but, if you believe this, I sneezed...and overcut the bottom. More firewood.:cry:

I have the process figured out...just need to work on the skills. It involves bore cutting and I definitely need practice at that.

A little of everything. I'm mudded out of one job and snowed out of another. Right now it's raining in a 100 mile radius. Good time to catch up on home projects and practice being retired.

LOL...it's the same thing every year. About the middle of August I'll look back on this time and wish I'd kicked back and just enjoyed the time off.

Logger stuff...grumble when you're working, grumble when you're not...you've been there, you know how it goes. :)

Oh yeah. . . Grumble cause you can't make any money and want to get back in the woods. . . By the end of your first day, you wanna go home for a week. :laugh:

No...but my pile of cedar firewood is growing fast. I had one the other day that was beginning to look good but, if you believe this, I sneezed...and overcut the bottom. More firewood.:cry:

I have the process figured out...just need to work on the skills. It involves bore cutting and I definitely need practice at that.

Ha, that's something I would do, it would look fine and I try to fix one last thing and o :censored:.... practice makes perfect.

:cheers:

A little of everything. I'm mudded out of one job and snowed out of another. Right now it's raining in a 100 mile radius. Good time to catch up on home projects and practice being retired.

LOL...it's the same thing every year. About the middle of August I'll look back on this time and wish I'd kicked back and just enjoyed the time off.

Logger stuff...grumble when you're working, grumble when you're not...you've been there, you know how it goes. :)

Isn't that the truth!! When your in camp all you can talk about is town. When your in town all you talk about is camp & work!! There has to be a happy medium somewhere.....I'm yet to find it!

Isn't that the truth!! When your in camp all you can talk about is town. When your in town all you talk about is camp & work!! There has to be a happy medium somewhere.....I'm yet to find it!

aint all this the truth! I pushed and pushed from before Christmas through 1 week ago and finished our unit 2 days before we got caught. And that was through some tough winter on some tough ground. I've been blessed with 6 workdays and 2 full weekends (well, going on the second, haven't checked my messages yet) and only worked one day, and that was just merchandising some of our stems on a landing, but man I'm itchin to get back. Just crazy how it gets in to you. cause yeah, by the end of day 4 in a row, definately ready for a day off....

Ok, I'll finish the mod on it. I have some nice glittery stickers. :) There's some really dirty wood too that would make nice firewood. :) How many chains are you sending with it?

Lots of chains...old, dull, missing a few teeth here and there...kinda like their owner.

Maybe I'll just come up there. The last time all of our saws got "modded" was at Spotted Owl's GTG. The Barbie stickers that somebody put on all of our saws were just a bit much. I need to keep a better eye on that saw. :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Lots of chains...old, dull, missing a few teeth here and there...kinda like their owner.

Maybe I'll just come up there. The last time all of our saws got "modded" was at Spotted Owl's GTG. The Barbie stickers that somebody put on all of our saws were just a bit much. I need to keep a better eye on that saw. :greenchainsaw:

Well, you'd better stop in Yreka and look for some non Collyfonia license plates to "borrow". You have to drive through unfriendly territory soon after.:ices_rofl::popcorn:

Well, you'd better stop in Yreka and look for some non Collyfonia license plates to "borrow". You have to drive through unfriendly territory soon after.:ices_rofl::popcorn:

Does that mean I should take the "Buy California Grown Forest Products" bumper sticker off, too?

Maybe I can get Burvol, JacobJ, Spotted Owl, Wood4Heat, and a few others to write me reference letters so I don't mugged.

Last edited:
I use the Oregon Pros' too. I was always told by every saw shop (that didn't have the Pro's!) that they're exactly the same as the Power Match's, but I never had any luck with the Power Match's.

They are very different . They weigh about the same as a Woodsman Pro, or Cannon bar .... They seem to get hotter than a Power Match also .. but I prefer them to a Power Match ... ..I,m going to be hundreds of miles north of any trees for the next 2 months so I guess I won,t get to try one out for a while ...

Use a cast bullet .

Some bars loose them , some don,t ..... The little plugs that is .... I try to avoid Stihl bars if I,m going to be doing much fallin with that bar as they totally suck the power out of a saw putting in a face cut .. I was going to sell my first 046 Mag. because it was such a dud compared to my 372 ... the guys in the crummy asked me what bar I was running , told them a Stihl ... ALL 5 of them said almost together , ( Thats your problem ) . They told me to try my Oregon bar the next morning . I did , and discovered how good a saw the 046 Mag was .... Same chain , Same tree , .. The old stihl bars with the salmon belly and the small tip wern,t like that ...... I,ve been packin that 32" stihl bar around as my spare for 5 years now . If I loose it it won,t bother me much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

. Put a cast bullet in the hole and peen it with a hammer then dress it with a file . Works great .

Some bars loose them , some don,t ..... The little plugs that is .... I try to avoid Stihl bars if I,m going to be doing much fallin with that bar as they totally suck the power out of a saw putting in a face cut .. I was going to sell my first 046 Mag. because it was such a dud compared to my 372 ... the guys in the crummy asked me what bar I was running , told them a Stihl ... ALL 5 of them said almost together , ( Thats your problem ) . They told me to try my Oregon bar the next morning . I did , and discovered how good a saw the 046 Mag was .... Same chain , Same tree , .. The old stihl bars with the salmon belly and the small tip wern,t like that ...... I,ve been packin that 32" stihl bar around as my spare for 5 years now . If I loose it it won,t bother me much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

. Put a cast bullet in the hole and peen it with a hammer then dress it with a file . Works great .

Hey, I have some cast bullets.

Yeah, I thought I was going to stay at work for the tsunami stuff, it is forecast to be a whoppin' 12 inches when it gets to Crescent City. Our harbor traps the tsunamis, they surge around making a nuisance of themselves.

So yeah. Hi. I'm new here. Never ran a saw before in my life. :monkey: I have a Stihl 021 and I mostly cut 30" plus wood. Do you think it could handle a 32" B&C? Also what mods could I do to this turd? Muff mod? Bigger jug and slug? Re-jet the carb? Put a velocity stack on it? How about dogs and a full wrap? :givebeer:

Just have to stir the shyt pot some more. :spam:

Back