Mission Backpack MS460 joat/Brad/Terry project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I hope this brings in the big bucks! Shipping it outside the US will bring in more money for sure, good ideas and a good cause. Sending money. When is the cutoff for sending money and/or buying tickets?

This is the new thread about the joint project between Brad Snelling, Terry Landrum and Jack Morrow (joat) to raise interest for the October 1st GTG and to raise money for Mission Backpack.

Mission Backpack is a ministry that two of my friends co-manage at my church. Details are here:
http://www.firstbaptistgreenville.co... Now1101.pdf

In a nutshell, this mission recognizes that free/reduced fee meals program for school children has a serious hole, the weekends. This ministry attempts to fill the weekend void by sending food home with the student.

1) joat has donated the money for Brad to buy a new MS460 at his dealer.
2) Brad Snelling has generously agreed to port the saw.
3) The saw will participate in the October 1st MS460 build off GTG.
4) A drawing will be held at the GTG to determine to new owner.
5) Terry Landrum will handle the donations, $10 increments, for the drawings, details follow.
6) The saw will be shipped to the drawing winner after build off GTG.
7) All bid proceeds will be donated to Mission Backpack as described above.

You may enter the drawing by PayPal to:
[email protected]

-or-

Terry Landrum
103 DuncanWoods Rd.
Oliver Springs TN 37840

Please make a note of the following for any donation:
Full name
Full Address
ArboristSite ID

Good luck to all participants,

ole joat

Bringing the info to the current page.

Gift sent. Terry will have to call me out by my real name, I forgot to include AS user name.

I know Terry is a busy guy, and this raffle is a long one but can he post a weekly or every other week total.

Edit: If I don't win, :hmm3grin2orange: and a guy over the big pond wins. I would like to be in on the helping ship the saw over seas.

Last edited:
Here's the saw. This is the first time it was ever started. I had to adjust the idle speed and L needle. It runs very nicely now. I might be able to get it in wood later this afternoon. If I do, I'll video it.

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NrQ8aH_LYpA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NrQ8aH_LYpA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

My little girl watched this video and said Paul and his saw. I told her it wasn't and I don't think she believed me. She tells me everytime she sees a saw without a bar it broken. She's just a hair over 2 and points out tractors, dumptrucks, cows, horses, and big trucks to us. My wife doesn't think this is as funny as I do. :msp_rolleyes:

Bringing the info to the current page.

Gift sent. Terry will have to call me out by my real name, I forgot to include AS user name.

I know Terry is a busy guy, and this raffle is a long one but can he post a weekly or every other week total.

Edit: If I don't win, :hmm3grin2orange: and a guy over the big pond wins. I would like to be in on the helping ship the saw over seas.

Mate that's a awesome gesture by yourself and others, but I think if it was to go overseas (even across the States for that matter) the winner would be more than happy to foot the shipping bill and let those making the offer to put their money elsewhere, maybe even buy another ticket or two.
:cheers: to ya!

I'm in.

Mate that's a awesome gesture by yourself and others, but I think if it was to go overseas (even across the States for that matter) the winner would be more than happy to foot the shipping bill and let those making the offer to put their money elsewhere, maybe even buy another ticket or two.
:cheers: to ya!

I'm in.

+1

Back