Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, but I like that idea. My balance at best is somewhere around the 15 beer level when completely sober on two feet. On crutches, it's bad. I've had a few falls (wife was not impressed as she's over protective) and I'm stuck with those right up until the GTG.
I like the drag option the best as I'm closer to the ground.

Thanks for the best wishes.

Sounds to me like you may want to practice "parachute landing falls", which is where you sort of roll on your side making contact with the "meaty" parts along your back as you hit the ground. However I am more likely in the group that does a "parachute fall landing." :msp_scared:

Sounds to me like you may want to practice "parachute landing falls", which is where you sort of roll on your side making contact with the "meaty" parts along your back as you hit the ground. However I am more likely in the group that does a "parachute fall landing." :msp_scared:

I hear you. As a long time professional clumsy trip performer, I do utilize that method. Unfortunately I can't put any weight at all on my left foot so when I go, I'm headed the way I start going. The outer crutch makes that your outside leg and I can't pivot on that because of the angle it's at. I hope that explanation makes sense. Better just to wipe out when the wife isn't looking.

:buttkick::beat_plaster:

Someone should drill a hole in the hand grip of fossil's crutches
and dangle a piece of knoted starter rope trough it.
Or cobble in a pair of recoil handles.

might not be so bad to have walk on 'em then?

Ok, I want to know if any of you Poulan Geeks would want one of these T-shirts that I'm gonna have made. I figured I would do it kinda like Lowvolt did at the West Ohio GTG couple months ago, and take orders & size before hand. I wanted to make them a free give away at this years Poulan GTG, but the price gets up there..:mad:

I love you guys...but at $13.50 a piece for that many is some expensive love..LOL:hmm3grin2orange:

So if ya want one, just let me know what size. So I can get an order in, in a couple weeks. Can just pay for it at the GTG, like Lowvolt did at Boda65's gtg.

wm-front_zpscb8827eb.jpg

wm-back_zpse97bd907.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

Finally got this 71A fixed up and did full tear down and clean

This was the 3rd one I got and had now spark etc. Iron Mike came over and motivated me into fixing it after I fixed his Super 33 with the same problem. Check out the iron custom handle. It is the heaviest saw I have used thus far. 28 " bar. She starts on the first pull everytime.View attachment 310228

Ok, I want to know if any of you Poulan Geeks would want one of these T-shirts that I'm gonna have made. I figured I would do it kinda like Lowvolt did at the West Ohio GTG couple months ago, and take orders & size before hand. I wanted to make them a free give away at this years Poulan GTG, but the price gets up there..:mad:

I love you guys...but at $13.50 a piece for that many is some expensive love..LOL:hmm3grin2orange:

So if ya want one, just let me know what size. So I can get an order in, in a couple weeks. Can just pay for it at the GTG, like Lowvolt did at Boda65's gtg.

wm-front_zpscb8827eb.jpg

wm-back_zpse97bd907.jpg

Gregg,

Gregg, I'll need a man sized, 2xx.

They look pretty nice.

wm-front_zpscb8827eb.jpg

wm-back_zpse97bd907.jpg

Gregg,

I will take one in XXL.

Went out and brought a couple logs home today.

Chris needed a big one to try that Mercury Disston out on and I needed something big enough to bury the straight bar on the Super72.

This one ought to do it. :hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Gregg,

XL for me pard!
I'm watching my weight!!!LOPL

Mike

Latest posts

Back