Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. that's a big one. What's the diameter?

LOL. Tim I wish a woman asked me that! :msp_sad: It was 35" at the stump. The rest is a little smaller, didn't measure that. I cut the logs to 9 foot. Will get another one out of it yet. The tree went to a double trunk after that. The bar on the 385xp is a 30". The whole trunk of the tree was suspended off the ground after it came down. Had to cut from underside up, then down so they wouldn't tear out.

Bob, What I don't use for the GTG will be used for firewood. There is a double trunk further up that will yield quite a bit of firewood.

:cheers:
Gregg,

LOL. Tim I wish a woman asked me that! :msp_sad: It was 35" at the stump. The rest is a little smaller, didn't measure that. I cut the logs to 9 foot. Will get another one out of it yet. The tree went to a double trunk after that. The bar on the 385xp is a 30". The whole trunk of the tree was suspended off the ground after it came down. Had to cut from underside up, then down so they wouldn't tear out.
Gregg,

I'm glad your Ford would handle that load!

Thanks for doing all that work Gregg.

Tim

Even though I used a Husqvarna to fell this tree..I want you to know I was wearing my Poulan chaps, and had my wanna be logger plastic helmet on too. :biggrin: There was a Poulan 5200 standing by in case the 385xp faltered. Truth be told, the 5200 was there in case I got the Husky stuck.:msp_rolleyes:

GTGwood007_zps7aa3ff05.jpg

GTGwood008_zpsc97aa46a.jpg

GTGwood010_zps75080201.jpg

Gregg,

Even though I used a Husqvarna to fell this tree..I want you to know I was wearing my Poulan chaps, and had my wanna be logger plastic helmet on too. :biggrin: There was a Poulan 5200 standing by in case the 385xp faltered. Truth be told, the 5200 was there in case I got the Husky stuck.:msp_rolleyes:

GTGwood007_zps7aa3ff05.jpg

GTGwood008_zpsc97aa46a.jpg

GTGwood010_zps75080201.jpg

Gregg,

Good job Gregg, that's a nice tree, too bad Mike will have it all cut up in about 10 minutes. :hmm3grin2orange:

You going to put my trailer in for me again this year? Not sure but there is a chance I might pull it over with my dads small motor home, we will see how it does when we take it to Eldora in a couple weeks.

And just a warning, Chris has been stocking up on some really big saws this time. :rock:

Good job Gregg, that's a nice tree, too bad Mike will have it all cut up in about 10 minutes. :hmm3grin2orange:

You going to put my trailer in for me again this year? Not sure but there is a chance I might pull it over with my dads small motor home, we will see how it does when we take it to Eldora in a couple weeks.

And just a warning, Chris has been stocking up on some really big saws this time. :rock:

Mike who???:msp_confused:

Mike

Looks like there was still a bunch of cookies out there from last year. Must have been a warm winter. Nice logs for the GTG, Gregg!

Yes there is Steve. I never cleaned the site up after last years GTG. :( So i got some clean up to do. Looks like a drunken mob of chainsaw nuts ravaged the place. :laugh:

No problem Mark. Will just use the ATV or 8N and pull it back in there again. :msp_thumbup:

Its to bad I can't come up with a monster log to give Chris's big saws a workout on. They are about as big as I can come up with, and move. LOL

Gregg,

oh my, my 38cc muff modded Earthquake saw that log and it is sitting here just quivering......I thing there is a wet spot on the floor.:laugh::laugh:
my 8500 is feeling proud of its new chain brake but it's afraid to come out in public with its 24 inch bar......

I have a 24" bar on my 8500 (when it is not wearing a bow). I bought a 5200 with a 16" bar, that is a bit short.

No fair man, you grabbing the cherry parking spot every year! What about us old people who are old and decrepit? :cry::cry::cry:

No fair man, you grabbing the cherry parking spot every year! What about us old people who are old and decrepit? :cry::cry::cry:

Just for you Steve, I would haul my golf cart over for you old and decrepit folks to ride on, but I cant haul it on my trailer since that's what the saw box sits on. :hmm3grin2orange:

You better sweet talk Gregg some, bet he will make some accommodations for you too. I just asked and it worked for me. :msp_thumbup:

Thought you guys might like this find. Flea market catch. Big brother and little brother. Managed to pull the chord out of the one trying to start it.

Sent on the fly.

Just for you Steve, I would haul my golf cart over for you old and decrepit folks to ride on, but I cant haul it on my trailer since that's what the saw box sits on. :hmm3grin2orange:

You better sweet talk Gregg some, bet he will make some accommodations for you too. I just asked and it worked for me. :msp_thumbup:

Sniff, sniff... :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Sniff, sniff... :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I have a nice fall arrest harness I could bring for Steve to wear. It has a good strong ring to hook onto. I've never found being dragged on grass is that bad if you use something slow like a tractor.

I have a nice fall arrest harness I could bring for Steve to wear. It has a good strong ring to hook onto. I've never found being dragged on grass is that bad if you use something slow like a tractor.

You got a self propelled wheel chair? Maybe with a PTO & flexible shaft I could use to crank my saws? That would be awesome! :msp_w00t:

BTW - Hope you're back on your feet soon, Tim!

You got a self propelled wheel chair? Maybe with a PTO & flexible shaft I could use to crank my saws? That would be awesome! :msp_w00t:

BTW - Hope you're back on your feet soon, Tim!

Nope, but I like that idea. My balance at best is somewhere around the 15 beer level when completely sober on two feet. On crutches, it's bad. I've had a few falls (wife was not impressed as she's over protective) and I'm stuck with those right up until the GTG.
I like the drag option the best as I'm closer to the ground.

Thanks for the best wishes.

Back