Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't be bringing too many this year.
I just hope I get to come at all!!! :(
Sheila spent 4 days in the hospital this week for what was supposed to be a simple outpatient operation.
75% chance she won't make it and just 50/50 for me.
I do have a new (to me) 5400 that I really wanted to bring.
Needless to say I haven't had any time to prep saws this week and I'll be working full time at my regular job and full time at my part time job to try to make up the loss of funds this past week.

Mike

Wow That sucks! Hope ya BOTH get to come. No matter what saws ya bring. ;) I'm sure we can find some green saws to run. Sounds like Mark is loading up on bow saws and old sandcast jobs.:D

I don't recall if I ever ran a 5400 or not. I guess it really is just a newer version of a 5200. But you know how it is...just gotta run them all..:msp_smile:

:cheers:
Gregg,

finally have my bow bar on a saw

I finally got around to cutting the case on one of my saws and installing the bow bar, i decided to use the 3700, does anyone have a recommendation for a scabbard for the bow?

That chain is brand new and just asking for a leg or arm when you walk by it.

thanks, pics later.

Won't be making the trip this year, Gregg. Hope everyone has a great time and maybe I'll see you next year. I'll be watching to see the video's and pics.

I was hoping to see you there Steve and run that fine 7700 of yours again. Always next year though.

I won't be bringing too many this year.
I just hope I get to come at all!!! :(
Sheila spent 4 days in the hospital this week for what was supposed to be a simple outpatient operation.
75% chance she won't make it and just 50/50 for me.
I do have a new (to me) 5400 that I really wanted to bring.
Needless to say I haven't had any time to prep saws this week and I'll be working full time at my regular job and full time at my part time job to try to make up the loss of funds this past week.

Mike

Sorry to hear about your wife Mike, we all hope she gets to feeling better. I hope you make it up to the gtg, it has been a long while since I've ran a 5400...the one I had was an animal.

What's going on with this site???

Just got back on, and now, everytime I click on anything I get a LinkBucks page. I have to click SKIP THIS AD before it'll go to the page I clicked. Doesn't do it on any other sites, just this one. Something been changed. It's a real pita......

Just got back on, and now, everytime I click on anything I get a LinkBucks page. I have to click SKIP THIS AD before it'll go to the page I clicked. Doesn't do it on any other sites, just this one. Something been changed. It's a real pita......

I'm getting the same. It seems to be absent in the afternoons at times.
I still have to disable the scripting.

I finally got around to cutting the case on one of my saws and installing the bow bar, i decided to use the 3700, does anyone have a recommendation for a scabbard for the bow?

That chain is brand new and just asking for a leg or arm when you walk by it.

thanks, pics later.

Don't recall ever seeing one. I guess its a make your own project if ya want a scabbard on a bow.

I guess the smartest thing to do if your not planning on using it right away, is just take it off and hang it on the wall. Or if you have a museum type set up like Mark has, :D just keep them UP on a shelf out of the way.

Gregg,

Won't be making the trip this year, Gregg. Hope everyone has a great time and maybe I'll see you next year. I'll be watching to see the video's and pics.

Its sure gonna be different without ya Steve. :( We are gonna miss having you and Dean with your big old two man saws etc. I want to try taking more pics etc. this year. Course I always say that and end up running around and running so many cool saws and forget to take pics.

I was hoping to see you there Steve and run that fine 7700 of yours again. Always next year though.

Same here John. I have always looked forward to running Steve's 7700. I think its my favorite Poulan I have ever run. Well, that and his 8500 & 7700 back to back last year. :msp_thumbsup:

Gregg,

I was kinda wishin for some 60's weather myself. Been raining like heck here today, flood warnings etc. :msp_mad: Just hope it gets it out of its system and drys up some by next week end. We aren't going to have a dust problem, thats for sure.

Gregg,

You aint kidding! Its been wet this year, but I swear I have got rained on in Upper Sandusky more this year than anywhere else. This last Saturday, had some sun in Bucyrus and got poured on in Upper (and Im sure you did too). Weather is still looking good for this week. But if it isn't, I got me a real nice looking rain coat! :msp_w00t:

That's no good!

But I understand..

Its sure gonna be different without ya Steve. :( We are gonna miss having you and Dean with your big old two man saws etc. I want to try taking more pics etc. this year. Course I always say that and end up running around and running so many cool saws and forget to take pics.

Same here John. I have always looked forward to running Steve's 7700. I think its my favorite Poulan I have ever run. Well, that and his 8500 & 7700 back to back last year. :msp_thumbsup:

Gregg,

I'll miss being there. Hope to make it again next year. You guys cut a cookie or two for me.

You aint kidding! Its been wet this year, but I swear I have got rained on in Upper Sandusky more this year than anywhere else. This last Saturday, had some sun in Bucyrus and got poured on in Upper (and Im sure you did too). Weather is still looking good for this week. But if it isn't, I got me a real nice looking rain coat! :msp_w00t:

Yup, The weather forecast is looking good. :) I just hope it drys up some. The first year we had a Poulan GTG, it rained pretty good early that morning. It stopped mid morning or so and got pretty nice. We did some cutting and shoveled and spread saw chips over the wetter slippery areas. LOL Worked pretty well.

We had a lot more rain than usual early on this year. It dried up enough that corn & beans went in on time, then had more rain though most of the growing season. Made for good looking crops. Been pretty dry the last month or so, making it great for getting in the woods and getting some wood cut. Going to be busy with that again after the GTG.

Last weather I seen for Sat. Mostly sunny & 72 :)

Gregg,

I'll miss being there. Hope to make it again next year. You guys cut a cookie or two for me.

We will give it our best shot Steve. To hear some talk, you can't cut wood with an old green Poulan saw, waste of time, their to slow, to heavy, unreliable, can't get them started, parts are hard to find, no dealer to hold your hand, to loud, not as high revving and sexy as a foreign made saw, etc, etc, etc. :dizzy:

But something tells me that all will be proven hogwash by this group of saw nuts. :D

Gregg,

Back