Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe an 8 pin would be less torque more chain speed opposite for a 7 pin. I would tend to stick to 7 pin with 18" and over bars. Less than 16" you might could get away with 8 pin on a 3700.

You would not want to run a 8 pin on that saw. 8 pin to me are for a 70-80cc saw with a 20" bar. This is my opinion others may say different.

You would not want to run a 8 pin on that saw. 8 pin to me are for a 70-80cc saw with a 20" bar. This is my opinion others may say different.

I agree, but I wasn't sure what accepted wisdom said. I wouldn't run it unless it was for limbing or something.

1 to 1/2 on both.

I had it way to rich and it flooded the saw. I had it like 2 1/2. So after I turned them both in, it could actual start! Got about a tablespoon of gas out the sparkplug hole. How's it sound?

Idles good, couldn't tell top end, not enough rev time. Also can't tell unless u try in wood and 4 stroke goes away

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

I agree, but I wasn't sure what accepted wisdom said. I wouldn't run it unless it was for limbing or something.

I had it way to rich and it flooded the saw. I had it like 2 1/2. So after I turned them both in, it could actual start! Got about a tablespoon of gas out the sparkplug hole. How's it sound?

Sounds rich. Where is Hi needle? Set it at 1 turn and see if it 4 strokes. If not open a little at a time till it does. Then cut a good size log and see if it clears up while cutting and 4 strokes when you pick up .

Problem is I don't have any logs, yet...

Untill you do, set the L and H screw exactly one turn out then set your idle speed. That is where they are suppose to be and if they do need a adjustment it will be very slight, probably not more then 1/8 a turn.

34d396c0cc5e4b73a9c36632becd8fa9.jpg

Looks bad, we hated to see this.

Steve

Its a good one tho

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

I did find out one thing about my saw, the gas cap leaks. It leaves a spot of gas where ever it sits. I do see some rubberish thing on the neck of the cap, between the threads and outside of the cap. Something isn't sealing though.

On another thread they talked about the seal around or behind the caps on them

Update: just realized that doesn't help... should have said, there is a seal on the parts manual. Tanks are well built, I'd assume it's the seal

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

Back