People are stupid.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of those people are probably calling from a cell phone and are assuming your number is a cell as well. This isn't too bright on their part however.

Most of those people are probably calling from a cell phone and are assuming your number is a cell as well. This isn't too bright on their part however.
When you have 20 missed message in a row, how do you know witch is witch?
The ones I do like are the ones that call every five min, That means that like my wood its better then other's they others they have tried, and they leave there number.
When you give a number, there is a rule, you say 123-456-7890 with a pause in between. Not...1234567890.
I have had to replay a message back 10 times just to get the number rite.

The ones I do like are the ones that call every five min, That means that like my wood its better then other's they others they have tried, and they leave there number.
When you give a number, there is a rule, you say 123-456-7890 with a pause in between. Not...1234567890.

I hear you on that one.....in the summer I have to make a list and compare messages to the missed incoming calls to figure out what person goes with what number

You ever go to a public place and just watch people?

LOL, Go to a Wall Mart or Kroger store first day of the month,,, good grief!!

RE: Stupid phone messages,

Kinda long story but funny, well I think so anyway??

Back when I had my gunsmithing shop I had a machine on the landline with a very simple and plainly worded recording on the order of " Thank you for calling X Y Z gun repair, we are open XYZ time and XYZ days" Please leave a message or call back during normal business hours" Well, some woman called the shop every day for a week, (shop was open evenings) sometimes 2-3 times a day and screaming bloody murder something to do with her car not being repaired correctly and she was going to sue, her life was ruined bla, bla, bla but never said her name or gave a call back number. Finally after 15 messages she somehow came to her senses enough to realise that she hadnt left any contact information. So she calls back and calmly says that I have ruined her life due to her car not running but she would like me to call her back at bla bla bla. So I call her with intent to tell her what is going on but instead got her answering machine. I dang near hung up but instead I yelled, Hey!! This is XYZ gun repair and I have had your darned gun fixed for over a year! If you dont get you butt down here and pay the bill and get this piece of trash out of my shop I am going to call the sheriff!!!!. Well the phone messages stopped and I figured that was that, but a week later a woman I didn't know shows up and says I understand that there is a gun here that somehow I have become responsible for the repair? I said maybe? Is this you? and I went over to my answering machine and started playing back the tape. I have never seen a face so red in my entire life,, we ended up having a laugh,, maybe a person just had to be there?

My adds have a zip code so they can see what part of town I'm in. I don't give out my address, I leave a number and you call for an appointment, regardless if your a regular or not.
I want to hear your voice and get an idea of who you are before I give out the address.
Besides, I'm not always here, but I do have a security system with 12 cameras running all the time.
Smile when you steal from me. lol
In the summer its hard to conceal so I open carry.
When It's cold but instead of just carrying one, I have several.

People will kill you just to go through your pockets to see if you have anything.
I have a neighbor less then a mile down the street that I went to school with that was murdered in his front yard, so they could steal some scrap metal.
Having a gun may not win the fight, but not having one guaranty's you will.

My adds have a zip code so they can see what part of town I'm in. I don't give out my address, I leave a number and you call for an appointment, regardless if your a regular or not.
I want to hear your voice and get an idea of who you are before I give out the address.
Besides, I'm not always here, but I do have a security system with 12 cameras running all the time.
Smile when you steal from me. lol
In the summer its hard to conceal so I open carry.
When It's cold but instead of just carrying one, I have several.

People will kill you just to go through your pockets to see if you have anything.
I have a neighbor less then a mile down the street that I went to school with that was murdered in his front yard, so they could steal some scrap metal.
Having a gun may not win the fight, but not having one guaranty's you will.
SMOKIES!!!!! must be a really rough area!!..dang!!

My local Craigslist covers an area about the size of Indiana. When I post stuff for sale I'll always get the message "wondering if we could stop by and take a look". Sure, you can stop by but please realize its a 4 hour drive LOL.

Big time! No address given until day of visit. I've had too many people case the place back in the day of newspaper ads.

Try answering your phone. A missed call for a firewood business or most service related business is often a missed deal. Callers move on to someone who answers their phone.

Crime is up, including personal assaults, and day time is the most active.
Criminals have learned to blend it with the environment, meaning they roam around during the day.
When a cop sees a gang banger at 3 AM they know there up to no good.
My friend got killed over scrap metal.

Back