People are stupid.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try answering your phone. A missed call for a firewood business or most service related business is often a missed deal. Callers move on to someone who answers their phone.

That is very true, but when I'm on the saw or slitter, I cant hear it ring or vibrate.
And sometimes I'll get a message that was sent two days ago and it just now comes through.

That is very true, but when I'm on the saw or slitter, I cant hear it ring or vibrate.
And sometimes I'll get a message that was sent two days ago and it just now comes through.
I use noise blocking over the head ear phones attached to my phone when working. Not only do I catch all my calls, I can listen to tunes while I work. If I'm processing firewood I take a step away and answer. Also no messages to return later.

I use noise blocking over the head ear phones attached to my phone when working. Not only do I catch all my calls, I can listen to tunes while I work. If I'm processing firewood I take a step away and answer. Also no messages to return later.
Hell I sell more firewood then I can produce now, I want t stay small. One thing I have learned is that a log is just a log, but when you cut and split it, it becomes a taxable and salable item. I don't want to pay taxes on all of thoes cords a year.

During the summer when I open carry on my own property and the DPS or State troupers, or county cops stop by to buy wood, they never ask or say anything about my .357 on my hip.
Not even one time. and they stop in regulatory.

If'n i had to have a gun on my person at all times to feel safe, I'd probably move
Hmmmm..... I carry daily, it has nothin' to do with "feeling" safe, and it has nothin' to do with where I live.
Goin' armed don't make you safer... I figure gettin' kilt fur lack of shootin' back just ain't right.

Hmmmm..... I carry daily, it has nothin' to do with "feeling" safe, and it has nothin' to do with where I live.
Goin' armed don't make you safer... I figure gettin' kilt fur lack of shootin' back just ain't right.

I have lived here for 54 years, I ain't goin no where. Unless I hit the lottery. lol

I have lived here for 54 years...
I was in Texas once... no twice.
First time was mid-July in Texarkana... that was the most miserable heat+humidity I've ever experienced.
The second time was also mid-July in the panhandle; on the way out to the job site, at 6:30 AM, the guy on the radio said it was 96° in the shade (or something like that)... I looked out the window of the truck and thought, "how-in-he‼ would he know, there ain't a friggin' tree in a thousand miles‼"

I don't believe I'd move to Texas even if I hit the lottery‼ :laugh:

But Chris-PA, it ain't about fear...
Heck, I cut the heads off my car/van/truck keys and shove the shank in the ignition... no way to get it out, no way to lose it, the ignition always turns. Somewhere there's a door key I suppose... but I disabled the locks long ago. The car has a trunk key hangin' from the shift lever just in case the button quits workin'... it likely opens the doors, if they locked.
If "fear" is your motivation for goin' armed... you really should reevaluate.
Actually... if'n I'm armed, I have no reason to be afraid...

But Chris-PA, it ain't about fear...
Heck, I cut the heads off my car/van/truck keys and shove the shank in the ignition... no way to get it out, no way to lose it, the ignition always turns. Somewhere there's a door key I suppose... but I disabled the locks long ago. The car has a trunk key hangin' from the shift lever just in case the button quits workin'... it likely opens the doors, if they locked.
If "fear" is your motivation for goin' armed... you really should reevaluate.
I wasn't really referring to you, rather other descriptions of fear here.

my motto if you shoot me you better not miss because if you do your a$$ is mine ;)

my motto if you shoot me you better not miss because if you do your a$$ is mine
That's a darn good motto... but here's a problem.
I once had to fire a shot under extreme duress... and I missed. Thank the lord I did miss, 'cause the shot was unjustified.
I'm a damn good shot with a handgun (call it braggin' if'n ya' want)... but until you're put in a situation... well...
I've since changed my "practice" regime... no $h!t man, it ain't just about hittin' what your lookin' at.

Latest posts

Back