Stihl 362 vs. Husqvarna 562XP interested in your thoughts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting to read in the IPL:

"AT software : Download from your local support site". So anyone knows if there is a possibility to connect to the saw ;)

The 562xp/xpg IPL also is out, on the US web-site, as is the 560 one.

Some obsevations so far, regarding differences;

- Air filter and top cover is different, as expected.

- Bar pad and bolts are different, as expected.

- Clutch drums and rim options are the same. Not really expected, and the part numbers for the rims are a bit confusing....

Nice seeing the US IPL listed.

I to want a light saw with heated handles.

Lot's of variations in the IPL's, not that we should expect that all models will be available in all markets. I wouldn't expect that we'd get both G models, assuming that we even get both the 560 and 562, which isn't clear yet.

562 has a full wrap handle avaiable, as well as a full wrap G model.

How did I miss this little chestnut? To the OP, the devil you know is usually better than the devil you don’t. Why wait for a saw? Get one and get it done. You can always sell it later on or trade it in if you want to make a change. If weight is not a problem, the best 60cc saw I have used is the Makita 6401. Way more power and snot than my ms 361.

Stihl vs husky is comparing apples to pine nuts. Husqvarna is a public company. As such, their key focus is to return profit to the shareholdes. If that means selling stuff in big box stores, you do it. Stihl is a private company and answers to no one. They can pretty much do whatever they want or whatever their mission statement directs them to do. There are distinct advantages and disadvantages to being a public and private company but trying and compare the management style of the two companies is foolish. You can’t run a public company like a private company.

- Clutch drums and rim options are the same. Not really expected, and the part numbers for the rims are a bit confusing....

I guess it really isn't that confusing - my conclution so far is that the drum listed for .325x7 is small 7-spline, and the one listed for 3/8x7 is standard 7-spline (as the rim is the same as listed for the 372xp).

If that is correct, I like it! :clap::clap:

the OP says weight is not an issue so why not go the whole hog and buy an MS660, or at least its little brother the 460!

Guys, I have no issue with the quality of Huskies saws, none what-so ever. They are every bit as good as any Stihl, some models prolly are better, depending on the model it could be vice versa with Stihl.

I admire Spike for sticking up for his company. It would be tough for me to do when they give W-M and Lowes and Depot buying terms like 2%net60 which equates into 260 days dating at the cost they borrow money. I bet the dealers would like to have those terms.
Also when a customer brings a so called "defective unit" in, it is no questions ask, give a refund. The way WM operates is they just deduct the return from the Husky's next check. I bet the dealers wish they didn't have to call for approval's, just deduct it from their next check.
I bet the dealers wish they received literally hundreds of thousands in promotional/ad allowances.
I bet the dealers wish they could buy at the same cost that the box store buys from.
I worked the last five years for Winchester, they attribute the demise of the brand to lowering quality to meet K-Marts needs in the 60's and early 70's even licensing their name to them, K-Mart produced cheap import items with what was a premium name, people lost confidence in the name. The only viable part of that company left is the ammunition division, everything else is licensed out today.
We all need them to be successful, my critisism isn't aimed at there product. Competition between them and Stihl drives the product innovation that benefits all of us. Husky wouldn't make as good as product without Stihl and the same the other way around.

I'm just saying their focus is off, take care of the guys like Spike, for every saw a box store sells he loses a sale. Keep the name off the product like the cheaper rebadged poulans, keep the product worthy of the premium name it has always been.

Troll, you may have dealers with only the latest product, the local dealer, has the 372xp, 372xt, 570 and 576, 365 all sitting on the shelf, they are not like Spike, they have a 19 or 20 year old that barely can tell you which end of a saw cuts. He couldn't guide a customer to which one best suites him if he had too. He doesn't even run saws. Less than 20' away he has the full Stihl line, it's clean, he only has the 441 and 460 in that class of saw.
I keep trying to buy a 372xp there, but they won't come off the 829.97 msrp, they still think they are available. lol

One of the dealer's that pm'd me stated it is getting tough to make any margin on saws, because of internet distro, big box, tractor supply, due to guys go on line and find dirt cheap pricing, where someone is violating the map pricing, almost to the point where it is hardly worth carrying saws, all that it keeping the doors open is parts and service. Another pm's saying they are both a Stihl and Husky dealer and the last couple of years it's about a 10:1 ratio in sales, stihl to husky, some of this may be regional preference, or the dealer pushing stihl because of higher margins.

Bottom line don't have the Husquvarna name on a sign above a 79.99 push lawn mower at Wal-Mart, like last year, I haven't looked this year. There is too much brand equity in the name to put it on **** products like that.

big box buys @ top dollar & sells @ lowest margin... i worked 4 vendor to h.d.... their contracts r interesting & full of "fines" payable by vendors. they buy by the boat load. saws are "chucked"/written off for loose chains or less. too bad husky is involved in this... get past the "homeowner" crap & their high end stuff is still as good as stihl. ive owned/used both. current saws - stihl 038 super, husky 570, pioneer ra. gotta like this site, good info, reading, opinions... thanks for listening...

Haven't read the whole thread but maybe if someone is interested in some data from a other thread. It's from a german thread where the new Dolmar 6100 has been added to the game. If anyone needs translation just ask.

vollgetankt gibts keine angaben vom hersteller: hab mir aber eben die arbeit gemacht und vollgetankt mit 45cm Schiene und Kette gewogen:
= 8,2kg auf der anzeige der personenwage.
Vergleichszahlen:
.................. Dolmar PS 6100.............. Stihl 362 ....................Hus 562XP
Drehmoment : 3,8Nm/6500...................3,6Nm/6500...................3,5Nm/7750
Leistung .....: 3,4kW .........................3,4 kW...........................3,5KW
Drehzahl........13000/min...................14000/min .....................14000/min
Tankinhalt .... 0,75l............................ 0,6l ............................ 0,62l
Laufzeit ....... ca 30 min ......................ca 20min .....................ca 21 min ( dies sind KWF-Messungen)
Länge........... 435mm ..........................445mm........................445mm
Breite............202mm(Easy-Start)...........195mm.......................190mm
Höhe..............227mm............................220mm......................220mm
Leergewicht....6kg .................................6kg ...........................5,8kg
Hubraum..........59ccm³.........................59ccm³.........................59,8ccm³
Listenpreis.......789,-€............................1079,-€......................1159,-€
Alle Maschinen haben Luftvorlage und keinen Katalisator.

Has Stihl added air purge? Or how big of deal is it to start from an empty carburetor?
Has Stihl improved the vibration system (throttle linkage vs cable vs ??)?
Has Stihl made improvements?

Has Husqvarna had heating issues? Improvements?

Back