Trip to the stihl store....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually Weinhard's but all I have now is Miller cuz it jumped in my hand when I was at the store the other day. I hate when that happens. Typically I don't like beer in a can but when it follows me home I'm not going to kick it out on the porch.

Sorry about the off topic stuff....

But a beer sounds really good right about now! A Widmer Hefeweizen in a nice chilled glass sounds mighty tasty! Throw in a grilled bratwurst and some hot potato salad. Then we are talking a good time... :clap:

Ive had a sinus infection for a long time now and you don't even want me to dicuss what comes out of the nose.LOL

I remember a George Carlin routine where he talked about the boys grossing out the girls in the school lunchroom by passing food through their noses.

Apparently little Georgie won that contest by passing an entire cheese sandwich through his...

Last edited:
Saw

SCHTIL 361, 441, 460, 660 buy any one of these and be done with it. HUSKY 372XP also!!!

Y'all need to burp wasabi through your nose if you want a real rush (and I'm talking about the freshly made stuff, not from the squeegee tube).

Here's a theory:
McCain = Husky
Obama = Stihl

OK - now let the debate continue!!

Y'all need to burp wasabi through your nose if you want a real rush (and I'm talking about the freshly made stuff, not from the squeegee tube).

Here's a theory:
McCain = Husky
Obama = Stihl

OK - now let the debate continue!!
I got a better one.

McCain= Wood shark
Obama=Crapsman
Biden= Predator
Palin=Wild thing
They all support really short bars too Except the wild thing it don't even need a bar to cut.

Last edited:
Rookie, read up a little. I'm not a Glock guy but Europeans make fine guns, and no .45? Come on, you lose all credability.

Wow I didnt think I would lose credibility being sarcastic. I was making point about bashing other brand. I like GErman guns. I almost got to go to armorers school for HK, we have MP5s at work,they are great subguns. Oh and Im not a good speller sorry.:)

Last edited:
I like fish!!!!!!

I don't much care for beer. I'll drink one now and again, but it's pretty rare.

Steak, yeah I really like me a steak!!! Cooked over Oak coals!!! Soak it in beer overnight n'slam it on the grill!!!

'Taters sliced up thin wrapped in foil with butter and thrown on the grill.

'Sparagus cooks up nice that way also!!

Disagree... 290 is a good saw for a good price. I've cut loads of big hardwood logs no problems. Geez...for a home owner cutting firewood how fracking fast, powerful, light, ported,modded etc, etc does a saw have to be??????

Well said! The 290 has served many guys like me and yourself as a great firewood saw.

Wow I didnt think I would lose credibility being sarcastic. I was making point about bashing other brand. I like GErman guns. I almost got to go to armorers school for HK, we have MP5s at work,they are great subguns. Oh and Im not a good speller sorry.:)

I just meant the "no 45". The 45 acp Glock is real popular. The 1911 was made on 22, 9mm, 38 stupid, 45 acp and maybe 38 special. Then 45 super.

no sweat.

I look at my dads 13/14yr old stihl and it is built like a tank. You can see the quality built into it. The new saws for better or worse look like mattel built them. Maybe its just a decline of standards, like in cars or firearms. The just cant build them like they use too???? :greenchainsaw:

Sorry both cars and firearms are vastly superior to previous generations.Modern polymars have made everything lighter,tuffer and much more fun to use.Stihl and Husky make good and cheap saws the market demands it.You get what you pay for.

Sorry both cars and firearms are vastly superior to previous generations.Modern polymars have made everything lighter,tuffer and much more fun to use.Stihl and Husky make good and cheap saws the market demands it.You get what you pay for.

I don't think todays firearms are VASTLY superior. The old hand fitted firearms are very much better than the CNC made firearms , unless the CNC parts are hand fitted.

I don't think todays firearms are VASTLY superior. The old hand fitted firearms are very much better than the CNC made firearms , unless the CNC parts are hand fitted.

Yep, and I think about a 1967 Caddy Fleetwood would munch a 2008 Camry.

I have the 361 and an older Husky 55 rancher and while I would recommend the 361 if you could only have ONE saw.. I mean.. I like it that much.. I still think the 55 (or 455 as they now call them) is a heck of a saw and a bargain for what they charge.. 300 range. The key to the rancher is to get an aggressive chain for it... the chain they put on the saws you see at SEARS is worthless.

PS.. I also have the Husky 142.. bought it as a beataround saw for the shed.. something I can just grab when I need to cut a limb down.. and it is pretty much junk.. I would have been better off getting a Poulan at the local home depot..

I have the 361 and an older Husky 55 rancher and while I would recommend the 361 if you could only have ONE saw.. I mean.. I like it that much.. I still think the 55 (or 455 as they now call them) is a heck of a saw and a bargain for what they charge.. 300 range. The key to the rancher is to get an aggressive chain for it... the chain they put on the saws you see at SEARS is worthless.

PS.. I also have the Husky 142.. bought it as a beataround saw for the shed.. something I can just grab when I need to cut a limb down.. and it is pretty much junk.. I would have been better off getting a Poulan at the local home depot..

Two things, the 455 is NO 55!! Not even close!!!

The 142 is made by Poulan (which Husky owns) for Husky.

Latest posts

Back