Building the ultimate sleeper saw.... 46cc Craftsman into a ported 72cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I'll have a side of dirty rice and jambalaya with my crow.......maybe some gumbo for an appetizer. It looks like it will be a great runner, just gotta ask one question, What made you decide on using the 038?

I had to stay with the 34mm stroke. The 038 Mag was the largest top end that I had with a 34mm stroke.
I started to do another one with an 036 top end. That uses a 10mm pin, so no bushings are needed. I notched the fins to get the jug to fit. Then I checked the squish and found out it had .070ish. So I quit then. If somebody knows a piston with a taller pin to crown height than an 036, that mod would be even easier. Still need to cut the flywheel though and remove the fins on the transfers.

Dang. Mine measures the same in that spot. The venturi inside is 16.6 on that carb according to Walbro.
The one I have is the same size.

I don't think a video is going to happen today. It's cold, windy and snowing here. I'm sitting here with a heating pad on my back and a blanket over me.... I'm still cold. :msp_unsure:

I can send it out Mon. if you want it ?

Thanks!! I'd like to try it. I can always send it back on our next trade if it doesn't make a difference. :cheers:

I noticed that the HDB 1, 2, 4, 5 all have 19mm venturies according to Walbro. I'll take a look at them also.

As much as we all would love to see it run Ed, we would rather yo be healthy doing it. Get well soon! This is the same crowd that waited on the 562 Husky, and the 461 Stihl, so I think a day or three won't hurt us. :msp_wink:

Nice build Ed. Gotta love it when someone thinks outside the box !!!

Looking forward to a video................

As much as we all would love to see it run Ed, we would rather yo be healthy doing it. Get well soon! This is the same crowd that waited on the 562 Husky, and the 461 Stihl, so I think a day or three won't hurt us. :msp_wink:

Thank You. :cheers:
I'm hoping for tomorrow.

Yah .. and the same crowd that continues to wait for the Echo twin .... :hmm3grin2orange:

(Sorry, Randy. Couldn't resist.)

Get well quick, Ed!

... Seems to me to be a good time for a saw-hunting foray into IL ... :smile2:

Yah .. and the same crowd that continues to wait for the Echo twin .... :hmm3grin2orange:

(Sorry, Randy. Couldn't resist.)

Get well quick, Ed!

... Seems to me to be a good time for a saw-hunting foray into IL ... :smile2:

:cheers:

Ok, I need one of these projects. Just left a message to a clist add. Let me know who wants to unload a lowly 2.8 crapsman. My buddy will never believe it when I out cut his 038 super!

Great work Edward Fronkenshtine. Very inspiring. I'm sure I'm not the only one staring at the wall, rubbing my chin, and spit balling what the heck could rival this creation. :rock:

Back