Building the ultimate sleeper saw.... 46cc Craftsman into a ported 72cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed, I have several carbs. that are from the big Pioneers and Poulan Pros. Let me know if they will work and i will send you what I have. Tom

Congratulations on capturing the true essence of hot rodding so rarely seen today. It's like the days of V8 Pinto's and Vega's or model T's with big V8's. Anyone remember Opel GT's with 354 and 392 hemi's? Take the bigest engine you can get and put it in the smallest and lightest car. We sure scraped a lot of good Impala's, Imperials, and Ford LTD's just for the big blocks that we put into Camaros, Novas, Challangers, and Mustangs.

Well said. You must be a true old school muscle car lov'in quarter mile gear head. I'm young to be one myself. I started very young. Rod Runs in the 70's and 80's were off the chain. My youngest memories are of falling asleep in the back off a 66 Chevy Carryall. It was the hauler and pulled a 57 Chevy running F Experimental, dads car. Those were the days and I was three maybe four. Trips looked cool and I learnt me some tuning tricks there at Atco.

Ok, I need one of these projects. Just left a message to a clist add. Let me know who wants to unload a lowly 2.8 crapsman. My buddy will never believe it when I out cut his 038 super!

It should eat up a stock super. The 038 Mag jug is a pretty big bore for the fin size. That helps hid the cool factor under the hood.

Hope to get a 54 mm on the 3500. Saves having the off-set crank pin and issues and stuff and stuff...

Nice build! Take a look at the PP455 and 655 carb setups.

Last edited:
What saw models are the same as this 2.8? I have found a poulan 3000 & 2700 that look the same, but what were the craftsman equivalents? Most 2.8 i see are newer & i assume different. Thanks

What saw models are the same as this 2.8? I have found a poulan 3000 & 2700 that look the same, but what were the craftsman equivalents? Most 2.8 i see are newer & i assume different. Thanks

Shoot, I see the Poulan prices rising now. :msp_wink:

Remember folks, these saws are junk! This whole build was ment to be a joke. Move along now. LOL

Ok let me rephrase this. Which saws are similar or share the same bottom end? I assume the poulan 2700 & 3000 are the same with different cylinders. Want to make sure I get the right junk ones headed to the dumpster:msp_biggrin:

I never saw one before so I guess I can wait a day or two. I know I don't feel much like running a saw when I got the flu.

Latest posts

Back