Shipping Delay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you mean where am I........Jamestown, TN.

On the porch now........2 - 3" of ice. I hope the damn power lines can handle it.

Sorry i meant whats the weather doing where you are. We didnt get the ice but the snow is here.

We just never get snow like that......if you never see it, you don't know what to do when it happens.

Really? You should be able to figure it out. I understand that there is usually not much need for snowplows but ya'll got tractors and loaders for loading manure and such right? Get out there and move the snow thats all. Pretend its manure.

We got ice here too. Roads are just slick in spots, but everything above ground has ice. Icesicle's are growing by the minute.

Trees and my porch probably has about an 1/4 or a bit better.

We got an inch of snow......then the ice started.

Really? You should be able to figure it out. I understand that there is usually not much need for snowplows but ya'll got tractors and loaders for loading manure and such right? Get out there and move the snow thats all. Pretend its manure.

If it got deep I'd move it outta the way.........I could get out. Once out of here though......the road dept ain't got much in the way of equipment.

Hell we got about 2' several years ago........they brought equipment in to clear it away......eventually.

Have genset ready to go. Uh, you guys have chains yes? I used to live in Ketchikan, which is on the side of a mountain. Police had cars exclusively for the steep parts; they mounted five-six sets of chains on the tires so it was one continuous rolling chained wheel. They could go anywhere.

Randy, I'll keep the 5-6 feet of snow on the ground we usually get and you can keep the ice. I really don't want any of that. We live in the snow belt and 24" at a time is not uncommon and doesn't bother me in the least but I respect the ice. Even 1/2" is bad let alone the 3"+ you guys are getting. Feel for ya bro. CJ

Ya learn sumthin' new every day. I didn't know we even had one.
I thought It hit a light pole and killed a buzzard.thats our state bird and tree you know.:laugh:
It was gettin bad up my way.went to turn the faucets on in a house up the road a few miles.the roads were clear but within 10 minutes the road was covered and everything was white.saw 2 wrecks and both women looked to be from north carolina.:laugh:
Hey randy dont think you need to apologize.I think 2/3 rds of the US understand.the ones that dont understand dont need to run a saw.......or maybe theyre stuck in a blizzard:cold::crazy2::laughing:

="CJ1, post: 5215806, member: 63646"]Randy, I'll keep the 5-6 feet of snow on the ground we usually get and you can keep the ice. I really don't want any of that. We live in the snow belt and 24" at a time is not uncommon and doesn't bother me in the least but I respect the ice. Even 1/2" is bad let alone the 3"+ you guys are getting. Feel for ya bro. CJ
1/4" Is bad.1/2" and it starts lettin the cows out.:dumb2: You guys be safe im out of here a while.got to check heat pumps and stuff.....and stuff.

Probably not interested in the 110+ degree temps we had here on the weekend?
Cool change now and it's about 85, not over 100 again till Thursday/Friday.

And, yes, I have no friggin clue how to live in the snow.

we got 10 inches here,,, I just now got us dug out,,now we can get to the road,,,,, you just need to stay in so you all don't get hurt,,, I don't need that mini mac back right now anyway

Back