Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.............a while back I posted a few pics of a 2095 milling saw that came into the shop.....it is a 1997 saw. By my best judgements it might have 15 hrs on it total.....it is totally new............gonna do a pressure/vac test, rebuild the carb, pressure and vac test the fuel line.......just in a go through.. Very sweet saw!!! More tomorrow!!!

So.............a while back I posted a few pics of a 2095 milling saw that came into the shop.....it is a 1997 saw. By my best judgements it might have 15 hrs on it total.....it is totally new............gonna do a pressure/vac test, rebuild the carb, pressure and vac test the fuel line.......just in a go through.. Very sweet saw!!! More tomorrow!!!
Sounds like a real nice saw !

I did a little port grinding on a sweet 2094 I had here before I sent it off to Hawaii , it was a strong saw stock and after porting it became a very serious cutting machine. Last I heard it had broken two different .404 chains just pulling them through very hard island wood. The 2095 was supposedly a great milling chainsaw but I never had one here to compare with the 2094.

Sounds like a real nice saw !
It is......real nice.....all back together tuned and ready to go home ......pics will be up in a bit....here she is again as it arrived...non running...19 years old with about 10 to 15 hrs on it.....very little use..... original B&C.......20" .325 X 0.050 Spur sprocket just barely shows any wear at all.....

DSC_0201.JPG DSC_0204.JPG DSC_0205.JPG DSC_0202.JPG DSC_0206.JPG DSC_0208.JPG

I took this thing down as far as I needed to......piston looked perfect of course.....everything looked perfect really.....cleaned everything as I put it back together. It passed a vac and pressure test with flying colors.....impulse and fuel line got pressure and vac tested as well.......everything was great..... threw the carb body in the UC for a time and then installed a new carb kit....other than the screw that held the spark screen in the carb kit was the only new parts used....

PICT0150.JPG PICT0151.JPG PICT0152.JPG PICT0153.JPG PICT0154.JPG

I did a little port grinding on a sweet 2094 I had here before I sent it off to Hawaii , it was a strong saw stock and after porting it became a very serious cutting machine. Last I heard it had broken two different .404 chains just pulling them through very hard island wood. The 2095 was supposedly a great milling chainsaw but I never had one here to compare with the 2094.

I remember that saw......the new owner made some very nice things with that saw!!

I was truly amazed when I discovered this one, that came on a Jonsered saw mill, came outfitted in .325....????? I doubt you could buy another spur sprocket for it in .325.....???? The rip chain was so freeking dull you couldn't cut your finger with it........the back of the tooth was sharper than the front!!! This one runs/sounds very strong......gonna do a comp test in the morning.....

I remember that saw......the new owner made some very nice things with that saw!!

I was truly amazed when I discovered this one, that came on a Jonsered saw mill, came outfitted in .325....????? I doubt you could buy another spur sprocket for it in .325.....???? The rip chain was so freeking dull you couldn't cut your finger with it........the back of the tooth was sharper than the front!!! This one runs/sounds very strong......gonna do a comp test in the morning.....

As far as I know Jeff still has that saw and still uses it for ripping or milling chunks of that hard island wood. I have not seen any posts from him lately.

Back