Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow lots of work going on there. Such a beautiful spot!
It is quite a spot......this is looking straight out the harbor......lighthouse to the left is Saddleback Light and the Island to the right is Brimstone....and far right is Diamond Rock draped in fresh snow....

IMG_0760.JPG

Tyme to check my watch !

17a8f0728dc50f86a096f7f760317eb2.jpg
75be3765dab1cf68b5432c91de189e26.jpg

Good looking job there Robin. Got my camp all ready for winter but would still make another trip up if the weather allows, just so much stuff to do before Christmas. That may exclude another trip there unless I go by myself through the week, Judy has plans for me on the weekends.....LOL

T-day arrived with the temp 7 degree 'Merican and wind blowing 40-50 knts NNW....sea smoke was thick....spent the whole day on the staging cedar shingling and nailing by hand. Once the sun got up it was pretty decent as I was working the south end in the lee with a still warm sun on my back but boy it was rough everywhere else but there...here are a few of the general conditions all day...never warmed above about 10-12 'Merican....first pic you can see just the top of Brimstone peeking through the vapor.....
The bride made sure the camp was warm........this was with the new window cracked 2-3 inches!!! Jonsereds cut mainland hardwood and good Swede stove gittin 'er done....!!!!

IMG_0766.JPG IMG_0768.JPG IMG_0773.JPG IMG_0774.JPG IMG_0777.JPG

Got everything done I expected this trip....took a tad longer than expected but had everything I needed except John had to bring me another 5 gal can genny gas......took seven gallons thought that would be enough...nope. These are the end results inside and out.

Last pic from the boat on the way out......first day in 2 1/2 weeks the sea was normal enough to escape.....and I was ready ...so were the dogs!!!

IMG_0780.JPG IMG_0785.JPG IMG_0790.JPG IMG_0793.JPG IMG_0794.JPG IMG_0800.JPG

Great pics Robin !
Nice Reno !!!!
Jerry and I were busy today

pHlWQg9.jpg

BoHB2Ct.jpg

DdmjX5g.jpg

U4ZoIZR.jpg

By the time I got home I checked my left watch , it said "Picaroons Winter Warmer " , 7.5% from New Brunswick , when supper came out of the oven the right watch said "Budweiser" from the gifted to me case and when I checked the pocket watch it said "Bitter Get'er India" a black IPA from Big Spruce Brewing at 6.8% :)
Might be soon tyme to check that left watch again :)

Looks great!! Good job, you must feel better knowing that you put the hammer down and got it done.

Got a guy wanting to sell me his 064av. See how this pans out
Thanks!! The reality is there is absolutely nothing else to do out there this time of year......I'da gone crazy if I didn't have a project those 2 1/2 weeks!!!

Back