Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, lots of people wouldn’t have had it that good! At least you were prepped! Always handy.

Gonna try to get my saw all put together tonight while it’s windy and kids are sleeping! Seems like a good night to do it :)

I thought I did as well but went through the 044 parts stash and did not find them, may have tucked them in some of the other saw parts boxes but won`t hurt to get a few more anyway. Seems our gas has started to attack the rubber bits on our saws, I know the gas smells different right out of the pump, a couple weeks old and it starts to have a foul odor.

I thought I did as well but went through the 044 parts stash and did not find them, may have tucked them in some of the other saw parts boxes but won`t hurt to get a few more anyway. Seems our gas has started to attack the rubber bits on our saws, I know the gas smells different right out of the pump, a couple weeks old and it starts to have a foul odor.

Last year when Esso fecked up on their tanker orders and ran out Irving had all kinds in NB, I was told that they couldn't bring it to refill the Esso supplied dealers because the pumps were not calibrated for the E fuel at that time .

Last year when Esso fecked up on their tanker orders and ran out Irving had all kinds in NB, I was told that they couldn't bring it to refill the Esso supplied dealers because the pumps were not calibrated for the E fuel at that time .

There were a few stories about that shortage floating around back then. One was that Irving cannot supply any products to any outlets but their own due to some holdover agreements going back to when Imperial refinery was up and running, some sort of completion agreement.
Those two ships loads of gas did have E10 in them, I know a guy that works at the testing facility in Burnside but it was that there was not the correct formulation of additives added for the time of year that got it rejected for use in NS. A lot of our gas now has ethanol in it due to the fact the tankers are not always empty when they take on a full load to run up here, they might actually be half or more full of ethanol laced gasoline when they fill up down South and then come up here and unload. Donnie says the fuel they have tested almost always has ethanol in it now, usually much less than 10% though.

92f2013e394d10115eff0faa83f97a0d.jpg

Adventures over for the fall repairs at camp this year. Got there just at the edge of dark and was dark by the time I got everything ashore and lugged up and put undercover. Rained wicked hard all day the second day there....no outside work....so tore off all the old sheetrock form the south end to find water pouring down the inside of the boarding from the corners of the old beat window. All the framing in that area needed to go along with most of the boarding. Fortunately the sill was an old hand hewn 6 X 6 so was able to cut away the top 2" of a 4 foot section that had rot and replace with a new spruce 2 x 6 then new shoes on top of that....got rid of all the rot!!

IMG_0722.JPG IMG_0723.JPG IMG_0724.JPG IMG_0725.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0722.JPG
    IMG_0722.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0724.JPG
    IMG_0724.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0725.JPG
    IMG_0725.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Next day was nice so staged the outside, tore out the window and rotted wall section and half the cedar shingles on the cabin end, framed for the new window and refastened all the wall boarding that was original....took awhile....the day progressed....took no lunch...pressed on.....darkness came....window not in....NOAA guessers guessing that snow was on the way!!! Carpenter was motivated!!! Got things tightened up and the window in by 7:30 that night.....working under battery powered LED work lights (105 leds each)......guessers were right!!

Stayed plenty warm burning mainland Jonsereds cut hardwood at night and the old studding and boarding,, window trim etc that got tore out during the day.

IMG_0736.JPG IMG_0738.JPG IMG_0740.JPG IMG_0742.JPG IMG_0743.JPG

No matter.....nice inside......had a good solid breakfast as always of eggs and salsa, home fried potatoes, spicy chicken sausage, green beans n' koffee served up hot on muh carpenter table.....then dishes done....spent the day rewiring the wall due to a change of plan and insulated the whole wall....
The next day was fair so stripped the rest of the shingles, refastened all the boarding and Typared the rest of the south wall just ahead of the next snow event.....the bride arrived by truck at 5 that night in heavy snow.....the next day was bright and windy with rapidly falling temps......had to shovel out the boat before it froze up....spent mpost of that day preparing for the coming single digit temps on T-Day....

IMG_0745.JPG IMG_0749.JPG IMG_0762.JPG IMG_0758.JPG IMG_0761.JPG

Back