Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I now have two Stihls to work on, an 044 I had since 95 and a 046 I built around 2000, carb kit time.

Super jealous jerry! Gonna give em a spit shine while your at it?

Hey guy!!!
Long time no see.....

Hey there fella! Has been awhile my friend. Got two Makita saws now. Just itty bitty ones but good for me. Waiting on a coil to finish one of em. Still welding away these days LOL

It seems the carbs time out after a number of years, going to replace the fuel lines and tank filters as well, they have been great saws. I was using them this past summer when building the bridge on the road to my camp, cut some decent sized hemlock and spruce for the beams, sure showed up the other saw on site, a Jonsered 2050. No spit shine planned but I will clean them up very well.

It seems the carbs time out after a number of years, going to replace the fuel lines and tank filters as well, they have been great saws. I was using them this past summer when building the bridge on the road to my camp, cut some decent sized hemlock and spruce for the beams, sure showed up the other saw on site, a Jonsered 2050.
Yeah. Some flexible parts age.
Somewhere I got a recipe for renewing old parts without them swelling.......I’ll rummage around if ya need it.
From the bike days.

It seems the carbs time out after a number of years, going to replace the fuel lines and tank filters as well, they have been great saws. I was using them this past summer when building the bridge on the road to my camp, cut some decent sized hemlock and spruce for the beams, sure showed up the other saw on site, a Jonsered 2050. No spit shine planned but I will clean them up very well.

Hahaha I bet. Pretty sure most of your saws would out do a lot of us ‘normie’ people saws LOL.

Hahaha I bet. Pretty sure most of your saws would out do a lot of us ‘normie’ people saws LOL.

Have to say, the two other guys that were there helping were very impressed with the cutting speed of my saws. They both have a long association with chainsaws and woods work but had never seen or heard a ported saw before, they were even picking up the chips and exclaiming how big and long they were, Steve excitedly exclaimed, that is a special filed chain.!

SUshwmI.jpg

Unlike a 346 ExtraPee , this one works when you pull the trigger , starts right back up when you refuel and doesn't fall over when you set it down :)

Ya holy. I heard 300,000 without power. Windy as anything out there. Was without power till 10am. Got lucky so far.

Swapping the dcs401 cylinder on the 340 case on this nasty day. It’s in such good shape. It’s like a new saw. Figured I’ll box away all the spare parts for the future. After all that I’m gonna have to find a 257 parts saw so I can finish that.

Latest posts

Back