562xp Hesitation Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some dealers can't even answer a question about the saws on the shelf or chain so how would they know anything about AT or MT.

Sent from my Autotune Carb
Some dealers can't even answer a question about the saws on the shelf or chain so how would they know anything about AT or MT.

Sent from my Autotune Carb
well the salesman knew more than most i know. he was advising me to run a dual prot muffler on a new 660 and he could set it up that way before i buy it

I stole this screen shot from mweba for discussion purposes from the how many hours on your autotune thread. I stopped by TK's today who has my saw to check out the hesitation issue. By the way, my saw wasn't hesitating, it was completely dying off idle. He did the software update, which seemed to help, it now hesitates instead of dying. We got to talking about some of the stats that are shown on this screenshot, but the ones for my saw in particular. He said that from the saws he has plugged in, a lot of the fuel settings are all over the place. And since we are talking about hesitation off idle, we were focused on "current fuel setting (H/L)" for the particular saw shown here (which I have no idea whether it had hesitation issues or not) the L setting is 170. That seems really high compared to the saws he had info on. IIRC there were a lot in the 80's and low hundreds. Mine saw was 32 on the L setting. The lowest by far, and a LOT lower than the saw shown here. Just made me want to bring this up to discuss to see if we collectively could view and analyze data on saws with this issue to see if we can gain some knowledge here. I myself just find the reports pretty interesting. I could stare at them for hours (and still not know what they mean) :)
By the way my saw has about 7 hours on it and 150 starts and max RPM is 13940.

I stole this screen shot from mweba for discussion purposes from the how many hours on your autotune thread. I stopped by TK's today who has my saw to check out the hesitation issue. By the way, my saw wasn't hesitating, it was completely dying off idle. He did the software update, which seemed to help, it now hesitates instead of dying. We got to talking about some of the stats that are shown on this screenshot, but the ones for my saw in particular. He said that from the saws he has plugged in, a lot of the fuel settings are all over the place. And since we are talking about hesitation off idle, we were focused on "current fuel setting (H/L)" for the particular saw shown here (which I have no idea whether it had hesitation issues or not) the L setting is 170. That seems really high compared to the saws he had info on. IIRC there were a lot in the 80's and low hundreds. Mine saw was 32 on the L setting. The lowest by far, and a LOT lower than the saw shown here. Just made me want to bring this up to discuss to see if we collectively could view and analyze data on saws with this issue to see if we can gain some knowledge here. I myself just find the reports pretty interesting. I could stare at them for hours (and still not know what they mean) :)

Quite a lot of performance variables with various local pump gas, choice of octane level, oil, etc. *Perhaps* this is reflected in some of these readings?

Quite a lot of performance variables with various local pump gas, choice of octane level, oil, etc. *Perhaps* this is reflected in some of these readings?
Makes sense. I'd like to see if we can see a pattern forming. Or none at all.

The latest ones have been the only ones I've ever had an issue with. I've done 35 - 40......but three of the last six had carb issues. I'm just not going to do anymore unless a real fix is found. It's too hard to take care of these issues when they show up 500 miles away. :laugh:

The latest ones have been the only ones I've ever had an issue with. I've done 35 - 40......but three of the last six had carb issues. I'm just not going to do anymore unless a real fix is found. It's too hard to take care of these issues when they show up 500 miles away. :laugh:
Randy, are you talking about new saws that had little or no runtime before you got them?

My used 562 is the one I've been thinking about having ported (I got it with a muffler mod [second port], but nothing else as far as I know). I've run 3-4 tanks through it since I picked it up in June and has run just fine for me. It came from the west coast and has signs of decent use., so it definitely hasn't been pampered.

What I'm thinking here is if you're dealing with new saws, maybe the carbs aren't able to adjust properly, but on a used saw, perhaps the results would be different? Or, maybe there is/was a bad lot of newer carbs?

Also, with all the talk about dealers having the AutoTune tool for diagnostics, are they getting training on how to interpret the data as well?

Just throwing it out there to see if anyone has an opinion...

I never start a new saw before I tear it down. They ran great at first.......then the issues started showing up at about four - five tanks of fuel.

The fuel settings presented are way off the scale. Under ideal conditions you would be treating 100 as the highest reading, and fuel that is developing the greatest potential of power. The readings presented are direct result of higher octane fuels and higher mix ratio's (ie less than 50:1). Values on the extremes of the scale and beyond the scale are primarily fuel related, or much greater issues ie air that would already be present.

With your saw having a L value of 32 (normally in the real world/non AS) would be about 60, ideally higher. (In the winter here high water fuels, poured above freezing results in lower values across the board).

Tom surely reset your fuel values.

I never start a new saw before I tear it down. They ran great at first.......then the issues started showing up at about four - five tanks of fuel.
As the AT system tried to sort itself out then decided to give up. You have to build within its capacity, till the time you can remap its potential.

These last few saws are built no different than the first 30......the only difference is these they won't work as they should.

Update:
The issue remains. I have not pulled it apart yet as I'd like to have my warranty honored. The purchase dealer doesn't have and likely won't have anyone qualified to work on it for some time, if ever. The dealer which WOT'ed my saw cold, said they'd plug it in, AFTER I produce my sales documentation from the original purchase (IDK why???). I'm looking for the docs now. Either way if I'm running it continuously it's not terrible. If it idles for more than about 45 seconds though (say when I'm moving brush to facilitate cutting), it falls on it's face when I hit the throttle and has died pobably 5 times just idling. My other saws are running the same mix and running like raped apes. This is about to piss me off. If I don't get it fixed, I may trade it off on a 6100 Dolmar and call it a day.

These were the latest ones with the newer version carbs. (different throttle plates)
Different throttle plates and SOFTWARE. The rules have changed Monkey!
You build and have built some great saws (so I hear) give it some time. Some AS computer geek will figure out how to reprogram a module.
In the interm and most importantly to those you have build this platform for, understand how the existing system works. The adage of the AT system compensates for it only lasts so long.

I don't think when I live 40 miles away from he dealer, after having driven 85 miles to go from my house to the non-servicing dealer to that dealer, that they couldn't have called the non-servicing dealer (of whom they're very familiar with and known by their honest reputation) and specified the serial number to get the same info. Joe keeps impeccable records of his transactions... I have no problem working with anyone, but they were fairly crappy about the way they handled it. I'm not asking for sugar coating or ___ kissin', but common courtesy goes a long way. They were initially a bit hesitant to even talk about it, until I referenced doing the diag and asking if they had the factory scan tool/training after which they kind of had a "well hell" look on their faces. Hamish, I'm not trying to run my mouth bout a dealer. I just think as a purveyor of a product that there was room for improvement in the customer service dept.

And for record, being full-time Air Guard, with a questionable finance dept, I have worked for no pay in the past. On an equally serious note, (I am not trying to be snide or sarcastic, this is an honest question), does the factory not keep track of the warranty card submissions that you fill out and mail in at the time of purchase? If so, I'd hope that it would be as simple for the dealer as being able to call the factory, or factory interface, or online version thereof, spec the serial number and make all necessary determinations, in short order, as to the OP of the saw and it's purchase date for warranty validation needs... Am I way off base here?

Back