Husqvarna 345 chainsaw: Need feedback

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joed

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing the Husky 345 chainsaw as I don't use one that much and don't wish to spend a lot of money on it. What do you all think about this saw? Is it o.k. for cutting 4-5 trees a year? All the trees are medium-sized or smaller? Should I look at another model?

I own a Jonsered 2145, same saw, different colors. Has adequate
power and is easy on fuel. No oil adjustment and composite
crankcase are about the only drawbacks. Is extremely reliable and
a loved member of my saw family. Works great on the small to
medium stuff. I run a 16" .325 .058 on mine and it cuts firewood just about every weekend without hassle. In the 10lb. 3hp category I would recommend a 2149/351 for longevity. My brother-in-law runs a 2149, and the difference in power is noticeable but not extreme.
Roughly 50 to 100 bucks more for the 2149/351.

The plastic seems to be working out OK so far. I've got quite a few 2145 out with customers and the only problems that come up are an occasional oil pump failure. This is usually from using discount store bar oil or motor oil in them. They are a lot more saw than the 41's, I would personally prefer the 2150 with a bit more power,(same hp as the '49 and will pull an 18 inch bar just fine), adjustable oiler, and the metal handle. For a part time firewood or clean up saw the '45 should work out good. You may want to check out a Jonsered dealer, in my corner of the world we seem have a couple of dollar edge on the Husky guys.

Back