Jonsered 2253

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would definately buy the 550xp over the 2253, just because of the different handlebar angle. I have both a 346xpg and a 2153WH, and know how the difference feels! ;)

I wonder if I order a saw from europe...if my local jonsered dealer would warranty it?

I wonder if I order a saw from europe...if my local jonsered dealer would warranty it?

The price and freight cost would surely make you scrap that idea, chainsaw prices are really low in the US, compared to most other markets (if not all).

The price and freight cost would surely make you scrap that idea, chainsaw prices are really low in the US, compared to most other markets (if not all).

bummer...thanks for letting me know though. I think I'll just get a 550xp off ebay. If I have any major trouble with it within the warranty period I'll just make the drive to my Husky dealer. Have you ever gotten your hands on a 550xp btw?

bummer...thanks for letting me know though. I think I'll just get a 550xp off ebay. If I have any major trouble with it within the warranty period I'll just make the drive to my Husky dealer. Have you ever gotten your hands on a 550xp btw?

Hands, yes (and also on the 2253) - but no actual use or ownership. I see no need to replace my 346xp, but at some point "want" may override "need" - who knows? :laugh::laugh:

Hands, yes (and also on the 2253) - but no actual use or ownership. I see no need to replace my 346xp, but at some point "want" may override "need" - who knows? :laugh::laugh:

How'd she feel? :)

I'm curious...what do you primarily use your chainsaws for?

Felling, limbing and bucking. The difference with the handlebars mostly matter when limbing.

Right on. What I meant was...Do you practice tree care professionally, or do you just harvest wood for personal reasons like firewood and stuff?

When I get the 550xp, I'll be running it with a 13" bar and .325 narrow kerf chain...If you like, I'll be happy to post a video showing how it cuts.

With the tilton shake up deal I figured i could at least wait until feb 15. before going one way or the other. I figured about a week after I would pickup a 550xp there be tons of folks on here showing off there 2253 they just got in.

With the tilton shake up deal I figured i could at least wait until feb 15. before going one way or the other. I figured about a week after I would pickup a 550xp there be tons of folks on here showing off there 2253 they just got in.

Pray tell...what is this tilton shake up deal you speak of ol' chap?

Right on. What I meant was...Do you practice tree care professionally, or do you just harvest wood for personal reasons like firewood and stuff?

When I get the 550xp, I'll be running it with a 13" bar and .325 narrow kerf chain...If you like, I'll be happy to post a video showing how it cuts.

I am no fan of that setup on a strong 50cc saw - it makes the saws rear heavy, and the narrow kerf chain isn't ideal. Oregon LP/LPX is the ideal chain, just a little smoother and faster than Stihl RS/RSC (+ the cutters are longer, for more chain life).

I am no fan of that setup on a strong 50cc saw - it makes the saws rear heavy, and the narrow kerf chain isn't ideal. Oregon LP/LPX is the ideal chain, just a little smoother and faster than Stihl RS/RSC (+ the cutters are longer, for more chain life).

Why not narrow kerf chain? I know it's weaker but shouldn't it hold up under a 50cc saw?

Why not narrow kerf chain? I know it's weaker but shouldn't it hold up under a 50cc saw?

It is not about the srength, but about the ability to cut fast. The main issue is that there are no chisel chain in .325 NK.

If you want to use that setup, at least put an 8-pin rim on the saw!

It is not about the srength, but about the ability to cut fast. The main issue is that there are no chisel chain in .325 NK.

If you want to use that setup, at least put an 8-pin rim on the saw!

aah so that's the reason:) I'm definitely putting an 8 pin rim on the saw....with a 13" bar, it should be deadly:)

So running a non narrow kerf chain with a narrow kerf bar would be faster than running non a narrow kerf chain with a non narrow kerf bar? That took too much brain power:)

That wasn't what I said, just that the 20LPX likely will perform better than the 95VP on a NK bar. ;)

That wasn't what I said, just that the 20LPX likely will perform better than the 95VP on a NK bar. ;)

gotch ya:) I think I'll get both chains...we have some very very dirty decidious trees here in the midwest USA that I'd hate to use a chisel chain on.

gotch ya:) I think I'll get both chains...we have some very very dirty decidious trees here in the midwest USA that I'd hate to use a chisel chain on.

Trying both options in your wood is what it is about, others can just make general comments, that may not fit your situation.

Latest posts

Back