Jonsered 2253

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tractorsaw1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone run one yet? Is it a crazy idea to think they can be ordered after Feb 15 in the US? My closest dealer gave me a price of $530 on a 2153 & said he wasn't sure he could get. At that price I think I should wait & get an auto tune or just order a 550xp. I got a few more local shops to call on pricing, but people in the know any help would be appreciated. Thanks

They are out here, and surely looks nice - I haven't run one though, just handled it a little at a dealer.

There are no reason to believe the 2253 will perform any different from the 550xp, and there are lots of threads here on how those run.

As usual, the red version has a streight-across handlebar, and the plastic covers are little differently shaped from the orange one. A couple of ounces more as well, us usual.

Thanks ST, i read somewhere here where you had seen one. Just trying to get an idea on what the wait should be expected. If it is going to be real crazy long, I'll just order the 550. But my preference would be red & black.

Finally found a dealer who had a 550xp in stock. Price isn't the best. Can at least go hold on to something now.

No one has them at the moment, and it's doubtful that new distributors will have any of the outgoing models. (2152, 2153, 2156, 2159) Fine with me, 'cause I'm looking to order the new ones as soon as they are available. :clap:

My local dealer sold his last 2153 last week, has only 2139 and 2159 in stock. 2153 was on his sales program, 2156/9 were gone...so MAYBE the 2153 is still going to be around a while?

I called another dealer late last week, said he could order 2153 for $539. Had a 2152 in stock for $409. Waiting to be able to order a 2253 cause I doubt anyone can order a 2153.

I too am keenly awaiting the 2253...simply because I have a really good Jonsered dealer in my area. Does anyone know for sure that the 2253 will even be released in the USA?

ya, comon all ready, there's line forming of people to buy saws that aren't here? 550xp keeps on gettin prettier & I could maybe get a discount on it.

ya, comon all ready, there's line forming of people to buy saws that aren't here? 550xp keeps on gettin prettier & I could maybe get a discount on it.

I would definately buy the 550xp over the 2253, just because of the different handlebar angle. I have both a 346xpg and a 2153WH, and know how the difference feels! ;)

Latest posts

Back