ms 462 finds is way to tree monkeys bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got to run this 462 at the TN GTG, all I can say is the 461 had its day, that day is over, this saw is everything it's been advertised to be. Scott probably forgot more then most guys will ever know about saws. If these saws hold up, they are going to own the market, I am a husky guy first but I have to give Stihl credit, this is a home run. Don't worry Fabz there will be plenty of 461s for sale soon for you to buy.

I got to run this 462 at the TN GTG, all I can say is the 461 had its day, that day is over, this saw is everything it's been advertised to be. Scott probably forgot more then most guys will ever know about saws. If these saws hold up, they are going to own the market, I am a husky guy first but I have to give Stihl credit, this is a home run. Don't worry Fabz there will be plenty of 461s for sale soon for you to buy.
Did you run it against an equally modded 461 at the same gig ? Nfy wood it put a 461 in the grave given a similar state of tune ! It’s down 4.5 cc and the engine design is substantially different ... ... With a 20”-28” bar and quick revving engine design ; coupled with its lightweight I could see it’s possibilities and might p/u one in the near future ! I’m STIHL stocking up in 461s so send any “trade ins/ups” my way !

I have ran them booth, no comparison, I will still take a husky or Dolmar/Makita myself, but mostly due to the price of the 462, it may drop once it enters the US market
Vids ? Timed cuts ? If not I call BSing

Well, as i said before, you know all about BS. Nobody cares about your stupid chains or your boyfriend hawtsaws101. And, most of all, nobody cares about your opinion. Just thought id let you know, since you seem completely oblivous.

Well, as i said before, you know all about BS. Nobody cares about your stupid chains or your boyfriend hawtsaws101. And, most of all, nobody cares about your opinion. Just thought id let you know, since you seem completely oblivous.
Why do you keep bringing Brad Snelling into the conversation ? I’ve told you once before ... I have no affiliation with him whatsoever !

Why do you keep bringing Brad Snelling into the conversation ? I’ve told you once before ... I have no affiliation with him whatsoever !
We need a video or we won't believe it!
Interesting how nice you talk to Mr wizzo, split personalities much Mr acres o_O, this is just fabzulous, now there's two of you sneaking around like a black cat :laugh:.

We need a video or we won't believe it!
Interesting how nice you talk to Mr wizzo, split personalities much Mr acres o_O, this is just fabzulous, now there's two of you sneaking around like a black cat :laugh:.
There’s more than 2 black-cats prowling the forum lol

There’s more than 2 black-cats prowling the forum lol
The powers that be know, and just as on FWHC if you behave you are welcome to stay.
One thing I find interesting is you talk about all the crybabies on the forums in hotsaws101 videos, and here you are and with multiple user names lol.
Really your going to doubt Dustin, have you ever even held a 462? Why must you call BS on everything(and require a video), if your 461 is so great then don't worry about it, it will all come out in the wash.
My suggestion is to sit back and learn what you can instead of being a keyboard warrior, if you do you will learn a lot.

The powers that be know, and just as on FWHC if you behave you are welcome to stay.
One thing I find interesting is you talk about all the crybabies on the forums in hotsaws101 videos, and here you are and with multiple user names lol.

Really your going to doubt Dustin, have you ever even held a 462? Why must you call BS on everything(and require a video), if your 461 is so great then don't worry about it, it will all come out in the wash.
My suggestion is to sit back and learn what you can instead of being a keyboard warrior, if you do you will learn a lot.
I’m no keyboard warrior at all ... I do not say anything that I woodnt say to someone’s face ... if more people adhered to this line of thinking a lot of the baloney wood cease ! Lots of smack talk but when asked to produce vids ... “well a pffft a “ lol

I’m no keyboard warrior at all ... I do not say anything that I woodnt say to someone’s face ... if more people adhered to this line of thinking a lot of the baloney wood cease ! Lots of smack talk but when asked to produce vids ... “well a pffft a “ lol
Maybe a keyboard warrior was a bad choice on my part, I'm sorry.
I don't doubt you would say these things to someones face, and that's part of the problem. It's not good etiquette to walk into a room and start challenging everything someone says, be respectful. Try to learn a bit about the folks who you are talking to, many have been on the forums for yrs and have lots of experience. Is that how you talked to jack when you wanted him to port a saw for you?
BTW when I read what dustin said I took it as he really likes the 462 that's his opinion/preference, that's a lot to say for a husky guy, it wasn't an attack on you and doesn't necessitate him needing video proof. Pretty sure we aren't all going to wear body cameras so we can post video proof of everything we've experienced. Besides we all know that many things can be done in a video to try to win someone to our side of things, also there are those who will never believe even if they were there and saw the results themselves. Most of us are done trying to prove ourselves, so don't expect to many videos for proof; but more to teach/share what we are up to, if you want in on that be kind/respectful and most will share videos if they have them.

Maybe a keyboard warrior was a bad choice on my part, I'm sorry.
I don't doubt you would say these things to someones face, and that's part of the problem. It's not good etiquette to walk into a room and start challenging everything someone says, be respectful. Try to learn a bit about the folks who you are talking to, many have been on the forums for yrs and have lots of experience. Is that how you talked to jack when you wanted him to port a saw for you?
BTW when I read what dustin said I took it as he really likes the 462 that's his opinion/preference, that's a lot to say for a husky guy, it wasn't an attack on you and doesn't necessitate him needing video proof. Pretty sure we aren't all going to wear body cameras so we can post video proof of everything we've experienced. Besides we all know that many things can be done in a video to try to win someone to our side of things, also there are those who will never believe even if they were there and saw the results themselves. Most of us are done trying to prove ourselves, so don't expect to many videos for proof; but more to teach/share what we are up to, if you want in on that be kind/respectful and most will share videos if they have them.
Gotcha ... as far as Jack goes he HAS an extensive YouTube body of work to view so there’s no Baloney there ... as far as manipulating videos ... I think we all want to showcase in the best light possible however if one is “fudging” results I’m sure the gents on here will pounce on that like a black cat on a mouse !

Gotcha ... as far as Jack goes he HAS an extensive YouTube body of work to view so there’s no Baloney there ... as far as manipulating videos ... I think we all want to showcase in the best light possible however if one is “fudging” results I’m sure the gents on here will pounce on that like a black cat on a mouse !
Thanks for "listening".
Jack gas plenty of vids and is a great guy from what I can see, but he's done some things that have raised many eyebrows. That being said I'm not going to come in and call "BS" and request more video proof for the things he hasn't shown, but I might ask about it.
Unfortunately many of the guys don't know when someone is "fudging" the results.
But many guys do, and thats why many of the guys here weren't impressed with your black cat performance upgrades and razor sharp chain. Not that they didn't get some performance increases(with video proof), but they were just simple bolt ons and a muffler mod. There's nothing wrong with that, but when you act as though it's something special they call that out.
You've learned a lot, continue to listen and be respectful.

Thanks for "listening".
Jack gas plenty of vids and is a great guy from what I can see, but he's done some things that have raised many eyebrows. That being said I'm not going to come in and call "BS" and request more video proof for the things he hasn't shown, but I might ask about it.
Unfortunately many of the guys don't know when someone is "fudging" the results.
But many guys do, and thats why many of the guys here weren't impressed with your black cat performance upgrades and razor sharp chain. Not that they didn't get some performance increases(with video proof), but they were just simple bolt ons and a muffler mod. There's nothing wrong with that, but when you act as though it's something special they call that out.
You've learned a lot, continue to listen and be respectful.
What “eyebrow” raising things has Jack done ... do tell

What “eyebrow” raising things has Jack done ... do tell
Many, I would take the specifics of that up with him, and I have asked him a few questions. Unlike many I like much about Jack.
Regardless this is not about him.
I'd rather the thread get back on track, but felt as though some things needed to be said/addressed.

Many, I would take the specifics of that up with him, and I have asked him a few questions. Unlike many I like much about Jack.
Regardless this is not about him.
I'd rather the thread get back on track, but felt as though some things needed to be said/addressed.
Ok ... I’m just asking because you put it out there ... I’ve had good dealings with Jack - wasn’t aware of any eyebrow raising antics on his part ??? ... guess if you don’t wish to divulge any info that’s your Choice however one wood question why you wood bring up the subject to begin with ... I’m sure anyone that does enough business is going to have some issues ... the test is how the matter is handled

Latest posts

Back