462 with a 36" for cedar.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I did, it would be a Stihl lite bar only and one I already own.
You seriously aren't going to spend $200 to make a few cuts, are you? You can do your undercut all from the high side in terms of a side hill lay and the back cut by standing at BACK of tree low side setting your hinge with the bar tip and working back cut back to top high side to finish.
There is no reason in this situation that you need to work from low side of the tree or even walk down there with the saw in your hands. There are three other methods I use , depending. You should be able to do a 6' solid tree with a 28" bar depending on undercut opening. & depth.

I think spending money on bars or tools for that matter is never a waste, perhaps being the only guy in town with a 36" bar will lead to charity work or profit. You can justify one use for it but perhaps there's many more waiting.
Whether its necessary or not is really irrelevant , I cut trees and a few light poles (legally) with and axe so a chainsaw isn't even necessary for the process.

Will it do it maybe with skip, personally with how I grind chains and running full comp I prefer the 500i or a 390 husky. All that said a 32 is where I draw the line on my 462 it’s a great little limbing/bucking saw in my eyes and even then I’m running semi skip it’s not quite a 372 replacement it’s more even with a 562 in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mm'd (Rich Dougan) 462 with 20" 3/8 is quicker than my stock (less screen) 372 in Oz timber.
Neither much good with 404

Back