My new toy- ms362cm 18b/c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KenJax, I did not say it was stronger, but I am offering to let a Husky guy run it side by side with those saws. What else do you want me to do? Am I not being fair here? I did not even say which saw would be stronger, I just offered to let him run them side by side and I get attacked. Too much paranoia here.

I think the 362 C-M runs comparable to a pre M-Tronic (Auto Tune) 70 cc saw and I'm willing to put my saw where my mouth is and let a Husky guy judge. What else do you want from me?

Ill see what I can do this week Uncle Mike. Kristina has baseball practice Monday and Wednesday maybe Thursday night..........
I know that its gonna be strong, I loved running spike60's 562xp, and your 362cm is probably on par. Just for guys like me in the younger crowd, Id take the extra couple pounds for the little bit extra grunt. That being said, yea I did get my hands on a 262xp, hopefully have it running this week, For when Im getting a lil fatigued and don't want to run my 50cc saw.
Id probably like to go to that wood lot I was talking to you about, well buck up a truck load then grab something to eat. Ill probably have two of my co-workers with me, there both Stihl lovers, they'll love to see your new toy : )

Please be kind enough to not tell my wife, she would be very mad if she saw my saw on the kitchen counter!!="GrJfer, post: 4777681, member: 121502"]Wow!!! Great looking saw. Compliments the kitchen counter way better than a bowl of fruit would.[/QUOTE]
Plaese

You folks probably wouldn't be this, but this is the second ms362 I've owned that I never ran! Too many other saws, not enough time or trees. Damn CAD!

Please be kind enough to not tell my wife, she would be very mad if she saw my saw on the kitchen counter!!="GrJfer, post: 4777681, member: 121502"]Wow!!! Great looking saw. Compliments the kitchen counter way better than a bowl of fruit would.
Plaese[/QUOTE]

Your secret is safe with me. As a thought you might want to send that picture to Sugihara, with the caption "not just for the woods, Sugihara bars look good even in the kitchen"

Mike does ur 362c have an exceptional amont of torque? I can lean on mine pretty hard and it grunts and keeps cutting! Im like u and impressed with mine!! Think Ill get a 395xp and a dolmar421 so ill have them all the way top to bottom and every kind. As far as the handling goes, if someone cant handle the 362c 13lb weight they dont need to be cutting !!! They need to hire someone

I actually can not believe how much torque it has developed. I have 20" bars on both the 044 and the 362 and last week found 15 min to go across the street and play with some 20" butternut. I swear I leaned harder on the 362 than I did on the 044, the 044 slowed and the 362 did not. I'm dying to let my nephew (MechanicMatt) run it and comment so people don't think I'm crazy. (He is a Husky fan)

Compared to the 044 and 441, this saw feels like a Tonka Toy, but it cuts right with them (maybe better?). Note: My 441 was not M-Tronic.

What size bar do you use that you need bigger than that 441 C-M? If you need more grunt, I would just have it ported, I hear they respond very well. I also hear people are very impressed with that new little 241 C-M.

I think it will be a long time before I buy another saw that does not have M-Tronic.

Let me just start this off by saying MustangMike was one that really influenced me in buying the 362cm because of the reviews and let me just say it's fantastic. I haven't owned a lot of saws a few older small huskys, and an echo 750. I have run a lot of my friends huskys, but I bought that 362cm after a lot of research and it is a beast! I love running it much more than any other saw including a 562xp my buddy owns. I won't say it's faster or better just for whatever reason I just really like how it feels and runs. Best saw I've ever ran. As for the muffler mod, I've been wanting to open up the little dinky hole that comes stock, but where do you guys pick up your back up mufflers if I ever happen to need some warranty work done? (Doubt it'll ever need it but just in case)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the compliments, appreciate it, and glad you like it as much as I thought you would. It as amazing how strong it can run with just that little 3/8" hole in the muffler.

Don't have a back up muffler yet, did not see any on line, but imagine if I ever need one any Stihl dealer can get one for me. I did not do as extensive a modification as KG, I just added a port on the opposite side of the muffler cover, but was able to do it with just a drill and a little sheet metal fabrication (for the hood). Nothing fancy, but it works. My saw does not sound any louder to the operator. I will try to post some pics.

Here's my take on the 362c after running for the first time with 20" bar, yellow RS chain (stock except removed muffler screen):
Just gassed it up today since i had some time to do some cutting, didn't take it easy on the saw, quartered up some 3' red oak and then made a bunch of cuts in other wood as well.

Startup: a little smoke idleing for a while, i use 93 octane 45:1 stihl hp ultra. After a while cleared up and idled down, i like how it sounds at the low idle, lower tone.
Cutting: Pretty impressed with how it cuts full throttle under load, did bog under some pressure in the big pieces but still breaking in saw (my rebuilt 044 did the same).
Oiling: At highest setting, wasn't oiling as much as id like (was about 45deg), was better when switched to winter 30wt oil. Same with my 066, needed thinner oil below 50deg.
Handling/weight: Was real fun to use didn't notice weight as much as I'd thought, even though just lifting it and looking at it when not running is similar in size as 044, though my 034super and 036 don't seem that much smaller or lighter than my original 044 (slant fin no decomp cylinder) anyway.

Overall: Pretty happy with saw, over the last 6 months i swore i wouldn't buy this saw since it was ugly to me, but just like new cars look weird and then grow on you, its getting better. Cuts great so far, ran it out of gas faster than i thought, in the middle of a cut which i don't like to do, guess noodling the 3' oak used some fuel or it was running a little rich). Started on first pull after refueling. Air filter did have a decent amount of sawdust, even though this saw has the air injection, and its kind of strange getting the top cover on and off, would have preferred to have like the 372 where just the air filter cover can pop off, but the way the metal screws take just a half turn to snap is cool. I did have a 241c that i didn't like (sold it), made no sense to have all those features on a saw that small, I preferd running my stihl 025 or 026s or even husky 350 than that 241c, but on larger saws the new Stihl features start to make sense.

I have not run a 441c, still looks ugly to me, so for now I'll stick with the 044 066, (my original 046 has more vibes than the my 044 or 066, need to replace mounts), but this 362c should be big enough for 75% of my cutting needs.

Here's my take on the 362c after running for the first time with 20" bar, yellow RS chain (stock except removed muffler screen):
Just gassed it up today since i had some time to do some cutting, didn't take it easy on the saw, quartered up some 3' red oak and then made a bunch of cuts in other wood as well.

Startup: a little smoke idleing for a while, i use 93 octane 45:1 stihl hp ultra. After a while cleared up and idled down, i like how it sounds at the low idle, lower tone.
Cutting: Pretty impressed with how it cuts full throttle under load, did bog under some pressure in the big pieces but still breaking in saw (my rebuilt 044 did the same).
Oiling: At highest setting, wasn't oiling as much as id like (was about 45deg), was better when switched to winter 30wt oil. Same with my 066, needed thinner oil below 50deg.
Handling/weight: Was real fun to use didn't notice weight as much as I'd thought, even though just lifting it and looking at it when not running is similar in size as 044, though my 034super and 036 don't seem that much smaller or lighter than my original 044 (slant fin no decomp cylinder) anyway.

Overall: Pretty happy with saw, over the last 6 months i swore i wouldn't buy this saw since it was ugly to me, but just like new cars look weird and then grow on you, its getting better. Cuts great so far, ran it out of gas faster than i thought, in the middle of a cut which i don't like to do, guess noodling the 3' oak used some fuel or it was running a little rich). Started on first pull after refueling. Air filter did have a decent amount of sawdust, even though this saw has the air injection, and its kind of strange getting the top cover on and off, would have preferred to have like the 372 where just the air filter cover can pop off, but the way the metal screws take just a half turn to snap is cool. I did have a 241c that i didn't like (sold it), made no sense to have all those features on a saw that small, I preferd running my stihl 025 or 026s or even husky 350 than that 241c, but on larger saws the new Stihl features start to make sense.

I have not run a 441c, still looks ugly to me, so for now I'll stick with the 044 066, (my original 046 has more vibes than the my 044 or 066, need to replace mounts), but this 362c should be big enough for 75% of my cutting needs.
You should try a 441c!! Its awesome!!

Derrick, Thanks for the honest assessment and welcome to the 362 C-M club. Size is about the same as my 044, but I find the 362 to be a good deal lighter, although I know it is not as light as an 036 (it is likely right between the 2).

It will build power (mostly torque) for the first 5 or so tanks of fuel (at least mine did). The bog (w/20" bar) went away, and I am very surprised that I seem to be able to lean on this saw harder than my 044 w/o it bogging, but for the 1st few tanks the bog was bad.

Hopefully your mileage will increase with break in, but keep in mind it holds about 4 oz less than the 044.

I think after break in you will like this saw even more. Keep us posted.

Congrats to all the new 362 c-m owners ... sounds like a sweet ride you have there!

I'm thinking of getting a 241 c-m to complement my 562xp - a 40cc and 60cc plan. Husky might be coming late to the 40cc party with their anticipated, non autotune 543xp, so I'm leaning towards 241 cm for small wood scavenging.

Keep those videos coming guys ... saw videos are way better than watching TV, although my wife doesn't agree with me on that point :p "Honey, turn off those damn sawing videos please, I can't take anymore - Idol is coming on" :laugh:

I just got a 261c and 362c, now I'm thinking about the 241c as well. I hope my dealer is right about the 461c being available in a year or two. I'm loving the performance of these M-tronic saws.

Back