Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to get some pretty decent pics flying by/over Greenland on the way home. Was very clear and late in the day so the low angle light threw some nice shadows from the mountains. Check out the glaciers crawling to the sea!! These were taken with my cell phone from the aircraft at 32,000 feet....
Not a tree to be seen.....more barren than Iceland......guess Dan and Jerry musta stopped in there on their way back from clear cutting Iceland....

I did see one Stihl dealer in Reykivik my last night there.......all I could think of was those old ads about the Maytag Repair Man....."loneliest fella in town".........

IMG_2576.jpgIMG_2587.jpgIMG_2589.jpgIMG_2590.jpgIMG_2593.jpg

So was up to Uncle Bob's and was tuning his Husky 350 that I turned into a 353 a couple years ago but had to stop and shut it off as it was getting dark.....

View attachment 1168680View attachment 1168680View attachment 1168681View attachment 1168682View attachment 1168683View attachment 1168684View attachment 1168685View attachment 1168686
Nice pics, I watched the eclipse through my auto darkening welding helmet, was quite a site, did not try taking pics as I don`t have any filters for my camera, wasn`t a total here but so close there was not enough light at its darkest point to keep my helmet darkened.

Nice pics, I watched the eclipse through my auto darkening welding helmet, was quite a site, did not try taking pics as I don`t have any filters for my camera, wasn`t a total here but so close there was not enough light at its darkest point to keep my helmet darkened.
I did the same thing but as it reached totality i started getting flashed so had to give it up and go with the glasses.
At totality you could watch it with the naked eye....that was very cool.

We were fortunate...a friend gave us a few "eclipse kits" with glasses and cellphone filters that came with adhesive velcro fasteners to hold he filter on the phone. Also an app you could download to adjust your phone camera automatically. Really needed the filter as here is a pic taken the same time at totality without the filter......phone couldn't cope very well....LOL!!

tempImagep2FI6p.png

We were fortunate...a friend gave us a few "eclipse kits" with glasses and cellphone filters that came with adhesive velcro fasteners to hold he filter on the phone. Also an app you could download to adjust your phone camera automatically. Really needed the filter as here is a pic taken the same time at totality without the filter......phone couldn't cope very well....LOL!!

View attachment 1168808
My phone camera really sucks when pointed at any light emitting object, just a big blur or splotch but the Canon can take good clear pics of the moon or other lit up objects, took plenty at Burning Man at night.

Latest posts

Back