Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol ! Yeah I know but as you can see not much brush here to snag on!!
Yes, they could get around very well there in that barren country but no so well here in the brush , the track through the woods I use would rip the mirrors off a common truck. Lines that size and position would be ripped off in the first couple hundred feet. I will likely cut a few more miles of roadside brush, tree stems 1 - 3 inches dia to open the track up some more.

So many pics!! Hard to pick highlights as they are all highlights!!! I'll try to group a few of each subject.
No pics of the broken Landy as it never really stopped working and as I said when it went haywire we were in the only other possible place to change vehicles and we were not heading out into the highlands/snowfields/badlands again with headlights going off and on by themselves, power intermittent to USB ports and the nav system failing to sync with any of our cellphones any longer. I believe the main 'Puter suffered a stroke......or became pocessed by evil spirits. Either way it was not responding properly to our commands any longer. Way to high tech for anything called a LandRover!!!

IMG_2477.jpg

I must say one thing in the Rovers defence. It was the quietest, smoothest turbo diesel I ever saw. With it idling and you inside or out you would never think it was a diesel...sounded just like a gas engine and just as quiet on the road with great power and economy. It was heavy and super quiet inside, nicely appointed, never slipped a tyre on the slipperiest surface, really nice ride....then it wasn't!!

All these pics are from my cell phone usually from moving car and kinda poor.....the daughter was manning my Nikon with various lenses so once I get them downloaded onto my "puter I'll likey update some of these with better versions.

Though the glacier looks thin in the pics it nearly 100 feet thick in these pics....they say it's nearly 1000 feet thick upland!!! AND there's a volcano under it.......Icelands largest they say.

Latest posts

Back