Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then I started to put the trim to 'er on the shore side but knew the weather was against me so made the front tight and thought the back was already tight I tarped it so i could quickly get rid of what ever snow built up on it so I would be able run trim on the backside without snow or water running all ovah me whilst trying to work......

IMG_0546.jpg IMG_0551.jpg IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg IMG_0573.jpg IMG_0574.jpg IMG_0575.jpg So this is how it all ended up this year......not that great looking but way better than it was and will get better with new windows in different positions and the door will be moved to the south side against the east corner so it is not under the eves and is much closer to the ground than the way it is now.

I like your staging brackets. I am using stacking stage around the camp, it does come in good for the siding install.
Yep wall brackets are good and though 20 years ago I likely wouldn't have bothered with the vertical handrail additions.....however I had them and working alone in a very remote area at my age I decided that an 8 foot fall or jump would not be in my best interest!!!! I think I have 30 or more metal wall brackets and handrail additions...they work slick and are pretty light to move around. Pipe staging is real good but in my location would be a real bear to get out there....and back again....

Much more weathertight than it was before you started, good for the winter now. My new storage shed at the camp is weather tight, just needs the siding installed but that will be next year.

Oh WAY..........and I believe it to be rodent proof as well this year.......in years past the island mice and red squirrels owned it....what a mess!!! I is on the come back but will will take two/three years to get it moved and a built to house my solar panels and battery bank and inverter as well as my composting toilet and heated shop space plus room to bunk a couple people too.

Yep you've really done a lot there in the last few years....takes a lot of work but more satisfying than many other tasks we do.

Last couple pics......
First is muh repurposed "Island Slippahs"

Second is of cleaning out the Jotul

The next couple are "Sunset from the Ridge"

The last is what I used to limb the encroaching spruce that had overgrown the building and hastened the roof decay......."The Quietest McCulloch Evah!!"

IMG_0571.jpg IMG_0562.jpg IMG_0566.jpg IMG_0568.jpg IMG_0479.jpg

My yard used to be a rock pile, had to walk carefully around and between the jutting rocks, was dangerous especially after dark. The camp was getting in dire need of some repair and overhaul, it has come a long way but its been a lot of satisfying work. I also have several pairs of repurposed slippers, as each pair of chest waders wear out the boots are always like new so the tops go and the boots stay.

Looking good!!! A lot different than before!! Do you run 12V DC for your electrics or do you use an inverter?

Both actually, the propane fridge and car radio work on 12 V and some of the LED lighting, the rest run through a 5,000 watt inverter.

Latest posts

Back