an interesting saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hello all, hope everyone is having an enjoyable holiday season. here is a neat old saw, one of my favorites. a Clinton D35 Chief. how bout that exhaust? ya gotta hear it to believe it!

Does it out cut the Mac 15. Looks like the same setup.
The air cleaner is as cool as the exhaust.
Hope the new year brings in many old McCullochs.

Tim

Do you wear a Harley Jacket when you run that beast!

What Angel chapter are you with?

it is real close to the mac 15. i have one of those also. actually the mac is a little faster, even though it is 80cc. the clinton is around 95cc. they are both real dogs, though, i think cause of the intake design. i have a mac 1-41, made around the same time, and it is 80cc also, but it will flat out spank either one of these saws at half throttle. i will tell you though, i believe the clinton to be the loudest chainsaw ever made, period. 30 seconds with no ear protection, and you will be seriously hurtin in the hearing department. but it is a kick to run.

yes, its sort of a cartridge. the filter itself is made out of a kind of sintered bronze/ steel wool looking affair. the bizarre thing to me is the way it connects to the carb with a piece of plastic flex hose. i'm amazed it has survived 40 years or so.

Looks a lot like my Homelite 500. Old consumer (gerf...pressed steel, weighs 20 pounds...) saw of similar design. Yours has a much cooler exhaust, though. Mine's a little short stack that's cast right into the jug.

Latest posts

Back