020T Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Brushcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi

Got my 020T this morning and started it up. Got it off a guy who brought it used it a few times and shoved it back in the shed! Nowbefore he sold it too me he put it in for service-which can been seen.

Only thing is i can't get the clutch side plate off! The nut just won't budge, although i am using an shorter handeld Husky combi spanner rather than the giant STIHL one. Anyway spanner aside the bloody thing won't budge is there a special way to get it off as i don't want to break it?

Thanks

The clutch drum itself is held on with left hand threads. The plastic side cover on the saw is held on with a normal, right hand thread nut and stud. The socket size is 3/4" if you need to dig a socket and ratchet out of your toolbox.

Yeah if you're talking about the clutch cover, and it's the 020T that immediately precedes the 200T, and the clutch cover is integral with the chain brake, the brake handle has to be finagled out along with it, and there's a small catch on the back of the cover (at least on my 200T there is). Work with it, and it'll come off. It's supposed to!

Jeff

Thats a picture of the clutch cover nut. with the bar being on the right of the picture. Can't get the thing to move at all! Can't see any catches or anything hows the thing move? Anybody got a 020Tinstruction book they can scan for me?

TreeCo said:
A manual is not going to help you. Herc has tightened your bar nut just a little too tight.....

Skwerl suggested a ratchet and that is what I would use.

That bar nut is removed by turning it the opposite way the saw chain turns when cutting wood.

The whole bar stud may come out and if it does it is not problem. It goes back in easily.

You might get better leverage on the saw by holding the bar with a gloved hand.

I'll try a ratchet if i can find one. If you look in the picture should the bar nut look like that? how does it turn round with the 2 bits of plastic sticking up and having a flat back?

Thanks all got it off now. I rachet still didn't provide enough torque so i used a combi spanner and a club hammer to knock the spanner around Oh and a fair bit of WD40 to get it loose!

I think the previous owner/servicer used air tools to do up the nut.

Back