044 Vs 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned along time ago the difference between buildin a small block, and a big block it is hard to subtitute cubic inches.

NORMZILLA44 said:
I learned along time ago the difference between buildin a small block, and a big block it is hard to subtitute cubic inches.
true, but I'll take a pipe and 50cc's over 80cc's with a muffler in a race anyday. two strokes are a little different than v-8's

Yeah but my point was more ccs is still more ccs take a saw of smaller ccs it has to have more done to it to come close to big cc power, and all you need is minor stuff on a biger cc saw, and it will still win the race pump it up port it whatever, the bigger saw has bigger carb pipe, bigger porting bigger piston, and more compression, the theory is not much different behind small block vs big block, you will dump alot more money in a small block trying to get big block power, while big block will take less because you already have more cu and bigger heads etc.

yeah-but who wants to carry around the extra weight if you don't have to? I just figure that if I can make a 12 pound saw cut the way I want, why would I want to carry a 14 pound saw?

the 372 survived for quite awhile long even though it seems it was on the chopping block in 2005.

this is a very old thread. im searchn for 372 porting stuff and decided to bring this thread back to life.

Evan,
Interesting retread thread about the 372. Reminds me of Churchills famous "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated".:laugh:

How can the 044/440 take so much beating without 2K showing up ? :monkey:

Probably bored with the same mundane old scheiße.

No, he just finally came to his senses and saw the light, he now worships at the alter of the great and mighty 372XP. :popcorn:

Scott

No, he just finally came to his senses and saw the light, he now worships at the alter of the great and mighty 372XP. :popcorn:

Scott

Don't know what your on but, I'd like to try some.

372 is probably my favorite sawof all time.

never the less,a guy i know has an 044 Mag and i love that saw.it runs a lot better than his 440s.if i could buy his or find one that ran like that,i would buy it in a heartbeat.

also,his crew could break an anvil and can't sharpen a chain to save their life and it is still running.

Latest posts

Back