066/MS 660 port #'s. Please share your stock #'s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadihman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'd like to have an Idea of the changes made to the 066/660 jugs.

Here are the #'s for a 2014 MS 660 Stihl cylinder.
Exhaust 95 deg ATDC
Transfers 123 deg ATDC
Intake 100 deg ABDC or 80 deg BTDC
Blow down 28 deg
Squish .038"

I'd like to make this a sticky but have no idea how to.

I have them at home wrote down. The non decomp were 98 118 and 78 or something like that.

I had 3 different ones off 066s and they were all different. The KS was like chad said. 95 exhaust and 27-28 degrees of blowdown and 80 intake. I have checked 6or 7 cylinders that I remember.

The ms660/066 series saws are 3 decades old with many little changes along the way. l have a late 2012 MS660 with decomp and this saw has through and through stihl DNA embedded within. However with todays improvements in AV, port design and fuel delivery a 2014 Stihl MS660 unfortuneately is utterly out dated and full of old tech. l like my masterminded 660 but it really does not represent the best option for a 90cc saw. l
would love to help out with port numbers but l am far better at pulling the starter cord than using a degree wheel so l shall just sit back and enjoy the popcorn.

:popcorn:
I smell something. ..

It's "Sticky"

This should be a good one. Lots of variables here and lots of info to be learned. :clap:
So how does this become a sticky? I sent a message to the moderator two days ago and heard nothing.

I had 3 different ones off 066s and they were all different.

This is also very surprising, port timing not consistent. I would have thought it was very consistent in both squish and port timing... now wondering. Leads you to believe inconsistent manufacturing processes. This would confirm that some saws of the same model just run better than others.

This is also very surprising, port timing not consistent. I would have thought it was very consistent in both squish and port timing... now wondering. Leads you to believe inconsistent manufacturing processes. This would confirm that some saws of the same model just run better than others.

They kept changing port timing from the early saws to later ones.

I can't find all my notes. The last one I did was 96, 121, 78 stock. Ended up at 99, 119, 82.

Back