066/MS 660 port #'s. Please share your stock #'s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an 066 jug that came off a red light and I have a newer 660 jug but no crankcases to check numbers...plus my "degree wheel" is pretty cheesy and I don't think I'd trust it...can I port map the cylinders some how to come up with anything to add here?

I have an 066 jug that came off a red light and I have a newer 660 jug but no crankcases to check numbers...plus my "degree wheel" is pretty cheesy and I don't think I'd trust it...can I port map the cylinders some how to come up with anything to add here?
Bring em on over Ted, just ordered a new degree wheel should be here in a day or so

Bring em on over Ted, just ordered a new degree wheel should be here in a day or so
Cool...I'd be happy to...I'll bring my homemade sheet metal wheel and you can mock it. You got a spare crankcase? I was also thinkin about the variance in piston height that you found...how bad would that affect port timing?

Cool...I'd be happy to...I'll bring my homemade sheet metal wheel and you can mock it. You got a spare crankcase? I was also thinkin about the variance in piston height that you found...how bad would that affect port timing?
I still have the jug off my 066 so we could check all three on there.

What are ideal numbers for an 066? Is it personal preference, or is there one set of numbers everyone aims at?

I've heard over the last few years that non-decomp 066 jugs have lower exhaust, or maybe it was Red Light 066s. I'm not saying they don't exist. I'm just saying that we're not seeing them here. The one I have certainly does not.

Back