066/MS 660 port #'s. Please share your stock #'s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To the guys that have experience porting these saws: how does the amount of blowdown affect how they run? That seemed to be the biggest difference in the red light 066 and stock 660 cylinder. Deets ported o66 jug, which has a decomp, has closer blowdown numbers to the red light.

Edit: for what it's worth the red light cylinder was a kohlbenschmidt

I bet that one ran well.

It run OK. I ported it and got 8th at the 066 buildoff IIRC. My 372xpw I had at the time was a second faster in the same cant with the same 32" bar and chain lol. Of course cutting a cookie with a 32"bar on a 70cc is different than working with it.

A guy in Louisiana bought that saw. Talked to him not long ago and it was still going strong. Other than a set of clutch springs he hadn't touched it.

I like those numbers. I still need to go back in my 064/066. All I probably need to do is cut the squish band and replace the popup piston. That would probably put me right where I need to be.

On the 064, I'd set the exhaust at 100, the fingers at 116, and the mains at 118.

Do you finger port all 064's. Man that just adds another variable to us slouches that are trying to get a grasp on port timing numbers hahaha. Do you remember if you added fingers to my 064...or bridge ports...I remember you saying you add bridge ports to all 1122 saws...or more specifically..non quad transfer jugs

I don't finger port many saws. Only a few really.

I do like them in some models very well though. The 064 jug is plenty thick, and that makes it a great one to grind them in.....

I just used bridge ports in your 064 Ted.

Back