066/MS 660 port #'s. Please share your stock #'s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
181-281-288 is a good family of saws that responds well to finger ports. No piston mods to make either, the ring pin is in the center.

I done a set on a 181. Put in a nice wide set and made them open 2° before the main transfers. It ran pretty good....

I had 3 different ones off 066s and they were all different. The KS was like chad said. 95 exhaust and 27-28 degrees of blowdown and 80 intake. I have checked 6or 7 cylinders that I remember.

KS? As in Kolbensmidht ?

Only seen one non-decomp KS 54mm cylinder. Seen several 064 KS cylinders...

Having squish issues, from wrist pin to top of piston the KS measures .017 shorter. Original squish was .018, base gasket is .018. Checked squish with new piston and gasket in four places and had .036-.038. Remove the gasket and it feels like it's barely hittin, it will roll past TDC, but can slightly feel a catch. Squish with no gasket measured mostly .017-.019, one spot read .012 Checked three times, but this doesn't explain the catch I'm feelin. Tomorrow I'll spray blueing on piston and roll her over a few times, maybe I have a high spot somewhere??

Having squish issues, from wrist pin to top of piston the KS measures .017 shorter. Original squish was .018, base gasket is .018. Checked squish with new piston and gasket in four places and had .036-.038. Remove the gasket and it feels like it's barely hittin, it will roll past TDC, but can slightly feel a catch. Squish with no gasket measured mostly .017-.019, one spot read .012 Checked three times, but this doesn't explain the catch I'm feelin. Tomorrow I'll spray blueing on piston and roll her over a few times, maybe I have a high spot somewhere??
:popcorn:

It sure looked tight through the plug hole...I doubt this is it from the way it felt to me but do you think the catch is the magnets on the flywheel grabbing the coil?

Latest posts

Back