066/MS 660 port #'s. Please share your stock #'s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An 066/660 that is at 100 on the exhaust is a fine unit to have. Most of the time 98 is as low as I get the 660 jug though. I take out .060" from the squish, and set the clearance at .022. That gives me about 210psi, and I don't want to go any higher on a working saw.

I don't finger port many saws. Only a few really.

I do like them in some models very well though. The 064 jug is plenty thick, and that makes it a great one to grind them in.....

I just used bridge ports in your 064 Ted.
My 064 has a 066 jug. Would you still finger it?

When it comes to 064s, that one of AndyDodge blew me away. That saw is a runner.

Is there ever an issue with the plating not going high enough that you can't cut enough out to get your exhaust where you want?

Brad, I just did a 064 with a red light 066 jug, with finger ports......it's a pretty good runner. :)

Is there ever an issue with the plating not going high enough that you can't cut enough out to get your exhaust where you want?

No Ted, the rings are about .140 down the bore if you include the squish clearance.......no worries.

I use a very aggressive burr when I cut them. They really aren't hard to do. You will need a way to measure the bore thickness though. I found these, and got a set....

http://www.amazon.com/iGaging-8-Digital-Outside-Calipers/dp/B002PU77Q8

They just measure in .01" but work well for my needs.
There have definitely been times that I wished I had a tool like that. Putting the exhaust at 80° on my piped 390XP was a scary proposition! I may just order a pair of those right now. Thanks Randy.

I cut the top of mine in with a 1/16" thick cut off wheel. It can make a nice square top if you don't bump it accidentally.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412562388005.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412562388005.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 119
Back