066/MS 660 port #'s. Please share your stock #'s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When a big compression race car is knocking the tires off u take power away by removing timing.

This is simply not true. In fact, the opposite is true. The higher the compression, the less advance you can run, or need to run.
I'm not saying u can advance it 3 inches but u can the width if the key. My 64 has to key ways increase the flywheel I've had it in the other one by accident and it still ran not very well but it did. Compression and timing are limited to detonating that's it. On 93 octane gas a 14:1 motor has to run less timing than a 10:1 motor u are correct but only because of detonation. Now what that has to do with a chainsaw I don't know.

Were you able to get those numbers without epoxy in the intake?

It was the old flat top, non decomp 066 cylinder, the port timing numbers where much better to start with than the new 660 cylinders. That's basically leaving the intake timing alone with cutting 0.030" out of the squish band.

Why would anybody run alcohol maybe so they can have more compression and timing? Obviously I'm not saying u can advance forever but the reason u remove timing from high compression is fuel limiting that's it. That's why a alcohol car is 16:1 and a gas one isnt.

It was the old flat top, non decomp 066 cylinder, the port timing numbers where much better to start with than the new 660 cylinders. That's basically leaving the intake timing alone with cutting 0.030" out of the squish band.
Mine is a red light cylinder and I can't remember how much it's lowered but it enough that I had to do some work to the plastic to get the sparkplug out and the intake was still barely in the 70's. I think it's 76 now. A 660 cylinder would b in the high 80's.

I believe I lowered mine .072
Wow I've never tied it that low, seems to work! My new favorite for a beast is a 394 and it's basically a stihl only with way better numbers, I think it's around 77 and it's bn lowered enough that I had to make a new hole for the decomp. Think I'll break out the jb weld after while!

Not many Pistons will allow that much but luckily this one did, I actually have a little room left
Yeh I can't lower mine anymore. I got lots of piston left on the 394 though. After machine work the exhaust was 109 wish them stihls had that problem.

I'm finally getting a flat top 66 there a very rare item around here, it's costing me a 660 but I've got several. It was seized basically brand new and has bn in a box for 20 years. He thinks he's got me over a barrel but honestly I'd trade 2 660's for it there a dime a dozen around here

I'm finally getting a flat top 66 there a very rare item around here, it's costing me a 660 but I've got several. It was seized basically brand new and has bn in a box for 20 years. He thinks he's got me over a barrel but honestly I'd trade 2 660's for it there a dime a dozen around here
Yeah, it wouldn't take much to get my 660 out from under me

066/660 is the only one I know of that has a hard time gettin ex. Low enough.
Yep every other saw u gotta raise it. I don't even touch the exhaust or intake on a 660 anymore unless it's for someone i don't know, I don't want them to take it apart and c nothing. I don't widen or ruff up or polish just raise the transfers and clip the lip on the lowers and add bridge ports. Can't tell a bit of difference either

I just found out that u can't work 7 days a week 16 hrs a day forever. Woke up in the hospital this morning , pneumonia and exhaustion caught up to me. So u guys building saws that are behind and under the gun tell them people they are gonna have to wait and take a day off and spend some time with your family or you will wake up in the hospital also.

I just do the best I can. I get behind........then I catch up. People normally understand. I never shy away from communication.

I just do the best I can. I get behind........then I catch up. People normally understand. I never shy away from communication.
I in no way have the amount of work u have but it can still become overwhelming.

I'm headed to the house now to box and ship saws. I'm a rest when I'm done kinda guy. Shipping seems to b the worst part of it for me, I need to get a better way of handling that.

Back