084 Differences and Info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
084 adjuster needed complete

I would like to find a complete 084 bar adjuster set up used. Parts 1-9 (I think in pics).
Any word on the half wrap, pm me if you have news.

adjuster084.jpg

084partslist.jpg

blsnelling
My name is Brad. I am addicted to buying and repairing chainsaws. I realize I have a problem but do not want intervention. The only remedy is to buy another saw, spend an untold # of hours working on it, and then sell it at a loss or very small profit. Of course, it won't be that way this time:D :bang: Everything will be just as describe and they will only need a little cleaning.

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Brad I am so sorry (NOT).
I feel like the crack dealer on the street corner that gave you your first fix of 084 The Beast. :hmm3grin2orange: But they sure feel good to run, dont they...........:D
Now you have sold everything to keep feeding the addiction to get more of The Beast.

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Kevin, you are a bad influence! :cheers:

You can blame the ones before me, that hooked me on the crack addiction. Woodsjunkie, Combscut, Gypo, Helsel's, Dneiger, they let me run some real powerful saws at a gtg and I have been hooked ever since.

All they said is run any of the saws you like, go ahead and see the difference in a real saw. :bowdown: :hmm3grin2orange: :bowdown:

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Got another 84 cylinder today, looks like new inside crosshatch and all, but its got a broken area around the de-comp.
It will either get cut down for a 2 piece head for racing someday or not have a de-comp and be used on a stocker only.
Anyone ever had this on a 84 cylinder and re-drilled for a de-comp and used a different type of de-comp in the top of cyl or just plug off the hole and use without de-comp? What was your fix or idea?

Copyofsawsaws010.jpg

Copyofsawsaws013.jpg

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
Got another 84 cylinder today, looks like new inside crosshatch and all, but its got a broken area around the de-comp.
It will either get cut down for a 2 piece head for racing someday or not have a de-comp and be used on a stocker only.
Anyone ever had this on a 84 cylinder and re-drilled for a de-comp and used a different type of de-comp in the top of cyl or just plug off the hole and use without de-comp? What was your fix or idea?

What is the nature of the break?

In any case.. it's not a big deal to drill, spot mill/face, and tap for a decomp. Best to be done on a mill rather than a drill press, but it's possible.

BTW.. I'd just fix the stock decomp location.... without seeing it.. I'd get it built up with a tig, then machined.

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Andy look at the left one. The de-comp threads are totally broken off to the base area of de-comp. One on the right shows how it was suppose to be.

Now what do you think? No threads whatsoever in the de-comp area, all broken off on left one.

Copyofsawsaws010.jpg

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
What do you think combscut, just slice it for a 2 piece head and some external boost ports and just put a de-comp in the new head. :D

I see you down there reading.......... :rock:

Peacock

Peacock

Addicted to ArboristSite
Andy look at the left one. The de-comp threads are totally broken off to the base area of de-comp. One on the right shows how it was suppose to be.

Now what do you think? No threads whatsoever in the de-comp area, all broken off on left one.

Copyofsawsaws010.jpg

My limited experience in a machine/welding shop says that is easily fixable. Build it up with a tig and then drill and tap it. Any halfway talented welder can do the job.

Latest posts