08S Restoration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.. I'm also going to need bare metal contacts between he case and shroud for the kill switch. This paint cuts great and hasn't chipped in doing so.

Oh yes, I forgot about that one. I went through about three brand new kill switches thinking the guy I bought them from had conned me before the realisation hit me, DOH!

Something like this ehh? 700D
I dug it out this afternoon. It is not a 700. It is an original EZ. It looks the same as the 700. Same shape and color. The saw is complete. It turns over with good compression, but has no spark. It is missing alot of paint. It has I think a 24" bar. The chainsaw collectors site list the specs, but no picture

Last edited:
What do you think? I'm still waiting on the carb kit and a spark plug wire. The starter badge is yet to be replaced too I haven't done anything about an emblem on the bar either. And I forgot to put on the safety decal. I'm not even sure where it goes.
265473224_sQsBh-L.jpg

265473229_QJdMs-M.jpg

265473277_yrtJT-M.jpg

265473217_Jm5Kn-M.jpg

Last edited:
O.K... Did you paint the black Stihl -08S logo.. or use a felt tip marker:greenchainsaw:

I assume you know the bottom right muffler stud/ nut is missing..

Last edited:
I used one of those big fat permanent markers. Paint would be better, but I don't think I could do as neat of a job.

The stud is ordered, but on back order. The nuts came in, but are larger than the hole in the case. I'm assuming I got the right nuts and the stud will match. If so, I'll likely just drill the case to match.

What do you think? I'm still waiting on the carb kit and a spark plug wire. The starter badge is yet to be replaced too I haven't done anything about an emblem on the bar either. And I forgot to put on the safety decal. I'm not even sure where it goes.
265473224_sQsBh-L.jpg

265473229_QJdMs-M.jpg

265473277_yrtJT-M.jpg

265473217_Jm5Kn-M.jpg

Looks slick. What's the big hole in the rear end for? Stuffing? Gibblets? :cheers:

LOL, seriously, looks good. You gonna ever put in wood? Or just a collector piece.

I've always been of the opinion that every saw I have has to see time in the wood. Even if it's only at GTGs or the like. I'm reconsidering that philosophy. Why? I have nothing to prove by dirtying it. It will run like a new saw when I'm done, but I have nothing to prove by cutting wood with it. I have no problem firing it up. I purchased this saw soley for the purpose of a collector piece. I haven't yet convinced myself to leave it a virgin, but I'm sure leaning that way.

Last edited:
Back