2 cycle oil again !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had an interesting occurance.......

Couple hours ago my g/f was making a stir fry for dinner, and gasp! we're out of cooking oil! :eek: She informs me that trying to cook such a meal in butter would be worse than useless. Well, I sauntered out to the garage, grabbed the spare -unopened- gallon of vegetable (bar) oil and brought it into the kitchen. Dinner saved! :blob2:

This question/reply is for those folks who run Mx2t at 32:1. How is the "stink factor" at this ratio? I have only run mx2t at 50:1 in my 372, and I enjoy not wearing the job into the house at the end of the day (my wife appreciates the lack of "eau de 2 cycle" as well). I have used Silkolene synthetic at 40:1 and hated the smell in my leaf blower (smells like burining plastic, the exhaust, not the machine), and old Valvoline semi-syn at 32:1 in my Pioneer Partner with "Lawn-Boy Musk" results. Does the Mx2t stay clean & fresh at increased oil to fuel ratios????

Jackman61 said:
2Colinveins,

I thought you were going to investigate the backwards compatibility of high-tack B&C oil!!! :dizzy:

Hehe, my g/f has already threatened to put motor oil in the pancake syrup bottle.

As to the 2 stroke stink factor with MX2T @ 32:1........I've got no idea what MX2T is like @ 50:1, never used it that lean. MX2T @ 32:1 has a lot less two stroke funk than OEM oils @ 40-50:1. Some smell still sticks to my clothes. Not enough to be offensive (subjective of course), but noticeable if you're sniffing for it.

2Coilinveins said:
Bvaught-

100LL in my saws didn't do much. I got better midrange torque but the high end just went away. This was in a Poulan disposeable, an MS360, and a buddie's 372xp. I tuned like I do for normal gas, did I do something wrong? The results I got weren't worth the extra $$, and definitely not worth the trip across town to the airport. I'd really appreciate any tips you could give me on this one. Love the smell, though. :blob2:

You should take a look at my older posts. But avgas is not going to pep up your saw, it will probably even lose an insignificant amount of power because avgas burns slower than car gas.

The great things about avgas are this: It lasts for a long, long time. When it evaporates it leaves little residue (no gummed up carbs). It is the highest quality fuel that you can buy in terms of the fuel components. It has the most iso-octane, least heptane,least hexane, and least benzine of any fuels I know of (some of the $20 a gallon VP fuels may). For high compression applications it is also a great performer it actually yeilds 130 octane at a rich setting. This allows a tuner to run compression ratios and ignition timing settings that are hard to believe.

Bvaught-

I was aware of most of the points you made concerning 100LL. Your statement "MX2T and 100LL Avgas. It doesnt get any better than that." lead me to believe that I had done something wrong, as my experience with avgas wouldn't provoke me to make such a statment. The best I would say about it in regard to chainsaws is that "it works." Thank you anway, for your time.

Jackman61 said:
This question/reply is for those folks who run Mx2t at 32:1. How is the "stink factor" at this ratio? I have only run mx2t at 50:1 in my 372, and I enjoy not wearing the job into the house at the end of the day (my wife appreciates the lack of "eau de 2 cycle" as well). I have used Silkolene synthetic at 40:1 and hated the smell in my leaf blower (smells like burining plastic, the exhaust, not the machine), and old Valvoline semi-syn at 32:1 in my Pioneer Partner with "Lawn-Boy Musk" results. Does the Mx2t stay clean & fresh at increased oil to fuel ratios????

I've been using it for a while now at 32-1 and don't mind the smell of it at all. There really isn't any smell unless you point the exhaust right into your face which I try not to do. Once in a while I smell something that reminds me of bread, or sugar, baking. Not exactly the same but close.
John......

I use AV Gas in both my saws and my old 1980's era Moto-cross bikes. (KTM420 and Husqvarna 430) I don't see power increases but I do get a smoother running motor especially at the lower RPM's under load with my old Bikes. My old McCulloch I use for milling definitely runs cooler with AVE gas. My new 4-Strokes don't really like AV-Gas. They prefer 89 octane mid grade fuel from our local Mobil Station.

Jackman61 said:

i've been running mobil 1 and maxima both at 32/1 . once i use up the maxima i'll just run the mobil 1. what i really like about it is when flushing a stump you don't get that face full of fumes that takes your breath away when running stihl or husky oil at 50/1. i'm sold on synthetic for that reason alone.

Latest posts

Back