2 cycle question,, not a saw.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knockbill

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
i have an old jacobson sno burst snowblower with a good sized 2 stroke engine,, can't find much info on it, so i'm going to try and revive it,,, it has a walbro sdc carb, and i just got a kit for it,, has good compression and spark,, anyone have any info on these? i don't know how old it is,,
there is a pic of one similar to it on ebay right now,, but it says electric/manual start,, mine is pull start....
any info??
thanks...

Last edited:
Here's a link for the SDC.

wem.walbro.com/distributors/ServiceManuals/SDCSeries.pdf

thanks fred ,,, i just used the walbro site to rebuild teh carb,,,
looking for some info on teh engine,,, i read where it is a tecumseh,, and others say its a jacobson,,, other than that, i can't find any info,,,

Tecumseh's usually have their name cast into the front of the flywheel, atleast the 2cycles I have seen on Toros from the 80's do. Might have to take off cover to see. The 2 cycle engines with the carb 180 deg away from the cylinder on Ebay right now definately look like Tecumseh to me.

thanks,,, i'm going to take it apart to check teh points,, so i can look at teh flywheel then,,, it will help to what engine it is,, to get tune up/plug specs...

Tecumseh's usually have their name cast into the front of the flywheel, atleast the 2cycles I have seen on Toros from the 80's do. Might have to take off cover to see. The 2 cycle engines with the carb 180 deg away from the cylinder on Ebay right now definately look like Tecumseh to me.

Thats the style of engine used on a lot of Eska brand outboard motors.

Back