30$ per hour to expensive for husqvarna dealer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssx3

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My saw needs reparations. I call a certified husqvarna dealer few cities away to ask if they are familiar fixing the new generation husqvarna. He answers positively and tells me he has the softwares. Ask him how much he charges per hour, he tells me 30$/hour so about 20$ for a carburetor disassemble/cleaning. Its a rural shop, doesn't look to fancy but it is on the certified dealer list on husqvarnas website. I live in quebec, canada so its about 23usd. It seems a bit expensive, am i been scammed? How much does your dealer charge you?

wow, what a fraud! On a 8hours work day medical doctors dont even make 85$/hour

Nor does someone charging $85/hour to work on equipment make $85/hour.

You've got to pay for the shop, keep the lights on, pay taxes, pay insurance, pay for auto tune software, pay to redo work when you get blamed for operator error. Some people truly are blind to their own ineptitude.

I could work on non-auto tune parts of the saw for $30 an hour, and likely me and person paying would be happy. But I'd be doing it in my backyard when it was handy for ME, and I'd be drinking beer.

Sure, maybe $85 an hour is a little bit high in some locations, but it's a lot closer to the going rate than $30.

You can PM me, i will give you the shop phone and address. The shop is at varennes, qc

Im from Quebec too and 30.00/hr was years ago for chain saw repair ,now its over 50 and up to 75 most of the time even in small shop.Which area are you talking about ?
The shop is at varennes, monteregie. PM me i can send you their phone number

I've seen shops like that, mainly bored old guys that can never truly retire. Of course, beware! Bored old guys do tend to carry on, about hippies, liberals, people who can't sharpen a chain right, or properly secure their lawnmower to a trailer, etc, etc. Who knows, maybe their families help em finance the shop just so they can have other people to rant and rave at. lol!

wow, what a fraud! On a 8hours work day medical doctors dont even make 85$/hour
You really need to get a clue and get with the times.
How do you think they pay back there 10's of thousands of dollars back in student loans, live in new 4,000+ sq. ft. homes, drive brand new rigs, and take 3 vacations a year?

$75-$85 in the Des Moines metro and surrounding. You're lucky to find a certified mech here for under $65/hr

Most dealers run their shop rates up because they can make a buck quicker and easier by selling you a new saw. If they fix your saw you could come back with the same problem and have to eat the labor the 2nd time around. They don't want to chance it, so its easier to sell new and if something goes wrong they replace with another new saw and get the money back from the manufacturer. They still get to keep the profits from the first sale and not be out much time for the exchange.

My saw needs reparations. I call a certified husqvarna dealer few cities away to ask if they are familiar fixing the new generation husqvarna. He answers positively and tells me he has the softwares. Ask him how much he charges per hour, he tells me 30$/hour so about 20$ for a carburetor disassemble/cleaning. Its a rural shop, doesn't look to fancy but it is on the certified dealer list on husqvarnas website. I live in quebec, canada so its about 23usd. It seems a bit expensive, am i been scammed? How much does your dealer charge you?
In BC its 90.00 $ per hr.Certified stihl techs

Latest posts

Back