30$ per hour to expensive for husqvarna dealer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, what a fraud! On a 8hours work day medical doctors dont even make 85$/hour
Well, that may be true in your area, but I know a orthopedic nurse practitioner that makes over $85/hr.
I have also worked on board and wages at hospitals that contract out the ER physicians, we pay close to 1.42 million a year on staffing, that's 1 Dr for 24/7. You do the math.

Well, their doctors give out all of that free healthcare and all.

Besides, it is always snowing. So they don't have boat payments.....

No boats but we have snow machines and igloos to heat. Do not forget feeing the pet polar bear is a costly venture. Tread lightly about our heath care system...

Nor does someone charging $85/hour to work on equipment make $85/hour.

You've got to pay for the shop, keep the lights on, pay taxes, pay insurance, pay for auto tune software, pay to redo work when you get blamed for operator error. Some people truly are blind to their own ineptitude.

I could work on non-auto tune parts of the saw for $30 an hour, and likely me and person paying would be happy. But I'd be doing it in my backyard when it was handy for ME, and I'd be drinking beer.

Sure, maybe $85 an hour is a little bit high in some locations, but it's a lot closer to the going rate than $30.
Many great points in this post. Mechanic is probably being paid 10-15 per hour if the shop charges 30. It's not cheap to fund the expenses associated with a shop.

If I could find a good mechanic for $30 an hour I would bring a truckload of small engines, op e and outboards to him to get back in order for me.

General rule for anything portable is, if the repair cost is over 75% of new, it's probably "not economical to repair". Exceptions being, usually unique items, such as antiques, specialty items with no direct replacement, and of course, massive machines the size of a building that are potted into the concrete, and that the whole factory lives and dies by.

And too many people assimilate shop rate with wages. My company probably has 60-70 per hour in me, but bet your hind end my pocket doesn't receive close to that.

Back in the day, you went to the hardware store and bought a new handle for your axe.
Now, you have $900 chainsaws, $65/hour mechanics, gas, oil, lube and a special shed to store the chainsaws, spare chains and parts, sharpening tools, a pickup truck, a woodburning stove in the shed, two guard dogs and associated feeding/vet costs...

Ain't technology wonderful?

This 30 a hour mechanic will probably give you a bill for 2 hours labor on a spark plug change. If hes a good mechanic and honest your lucky to have found that shop.

I have no idea how a shop could charge $30 an hour. I used to do mobile repairs and my overhead was very low but I still figured I only put half of my hourly rate in my wallet. Most shops around here for auto repair are in the $85 to $100 per hour rate. I have no idea what OPE shops charge because I've never had any work done at one. I never have work done at auto shops either but sometimes they post their rates. I fix all my own stuff no matter what it is.

This has to be a joke.
Your Billy not silly! Everyone who has taken the time to read/post in this thread has taken the bait & swallowed the hook line and sinker. The guy is a troll and not even good at hiding the fact! Common guys give him the treatment he deserves & don't fall into his game. Treat a fool accordingly on your terms....not his.

Back in the day, you went to the hardware store and bought a new handle for your axe.
Now, you have $900 chainsaws, $65/hour mechanics, gas, oil, lube and a special shed to store the chainsaws, spare chains and parts, sharpening tools, a pickup truck, a woodburning stove in the shed, two guard dogs and associated feeding/vet costs...

Ain't technology wonderful?

Yeah, but consider how long it would take 20 odd people to split up 24 cords of wood, not lumberjacks/farmboys, but random people playing around. Gonna bet that would probably take more than 10-12 hours if people are using axes/splitters/2 man saws. Probably closer to 5-6 days.

wow, what a fraud! On a 8hours work day medical doctors dont even make 85$/hour

True,
But can a proctologist rebuild a carburetor correctly ?
might be able to perform a proper "muff mod" but I don't know if he can handle the intake side.
Making fun of Drs is almost as much fun as poking at lawyers ...(who EVERYbody hates-till you need one)

Back